Note: These instructions may also apply to other carriers that have a similar unlock policy as T-Mobile.

If you are like me and you have more than one Z10 (for a back up device) and you want both of them unlocked, T-Mobile will only let you unlock one of them within 90 days.

What you can do to get around this caveat, however, is take another person on your plan's SIM card and put it in the second device that you want unlocked. Now call customer care and tell them that you want an unlock for that line rather than your's. This will allow them to process the request. Leave the SIM card in that device until you get the email from the unlocking department. Now you can unlock the phone and put your SIM card back in it, and you just got two unlock codes for one device and one person by beating around the bush.

The other caveat for me, though, is my other family members on my plan are using Torches. This means I will have to switch them to Micro SIM then when it gets put back in their device they will need an adapter. But I suppose all that is definitely worth saving $45+ dollars on an unreasonably expense unlock.

~STV
    06-04-13 11:41 AM
    This is also a useful solution for someone who isn't a T-Mobile customer (who's buying a phone at full price to take it to unlock it and take it to another carrier.) Of course, both scenarios require someone else with a T-Mobile microSIM to be nice enough to put it in your phone
    06-04-13 11:57 AM