Hey,
    I dropped my phone and the trackball part fell out.
    Here is the link with how it looks:

ImageShack - Hosting :: 092932kj3.jpg

Everything else works, so I figure I'll have to get the new part (I lost the trackball...) Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Last edited by dan.g; 11-06-08 at 08:40 AM.
    11-06-08 08:38 AM
    11-06-08 08:55 AM
    If you decide to take the trackball assembly apart, I suggest you purchase a new one first. This comes from expierence...

The best method to maintain a clean trackball is to dab a little rubbing alcohol on the ball and scroll around. Try not to use a q-tip because the fibers can come off and wrap around the ball.
    11-06-08 09:00 AM
    There are several places to order trackballs I ordered some spares off eBay just make sure you find a fast shipper in the U.S. cause lots of the sellers I found were HongKong based. the trackball goes in easy just make sure you get it in right the little "ears" so to speak go on the sides the flat surfaces go top to bottom then place the ring on with the one side that looks to be missing a snap to the top you will have one holder on each side and one on bottom press in it clicks and trackball is back.
    If you don't care about cost your local cell store may have some in their Technitians desk just have them call their tech if he not in. Hope this helps
    11-06-08 09:00 AM
    If you decide to take the trackball assembly apart, I suggest you purchase a new one first. This comes from expierence...

The best method to maintain a clean trackball is to dab a little rubbing alcohol on the ball and scroll around. Try not to use a q-tip because the fibers can come off and wrap around the ball.
    he said he dropped his phone didn't say he was cleaning it
    11-06-08 09:04 AM
    the directions are the same
    11-06-08 09:09 AM
    i tried this but my trackball is still unresponsive... and now apparantly it cost me more to replace my phone than it actually cost me to buy it. aint that a b..
    03-28-09 08:53 PM

I just used your rubbing alcohol method to clean the track ball on my 8350i and it really works great! I have my BB since Dec 08, and thought it was time for a cleaning. Came across your post & followed your advice. It works so much better now. Thanks.
    04-08-09 06:05 PM
    Golly...thank's for pointing that out...
    04-23-09 11:14 AM
    I just used your rubbing alcohol method to clean the track ball on my 8350i and it really works great! I have my BB since Dec 08, and thought it was time for a cleaning. Came across your post & followed your advice. It works so much better now. Thanks.
    Your welcome.
    04-23-09 11:14 AM
    YOu can buy a trackball and ring at cnn.cm
    04-23-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD