When using DM to backup and sync, I get this message when it's in the address book: "Record 106 of 347 Error message 0x80043ac9". I'm assuming (yes, I know the joke) that one of my Outlook files (#106) is corrupt. But is there a way that I can determine which entry that is?

Simple explanations/baby steps appreciated!
    05-03-11 06:51 PM
    If you use the DM in Advanced option under Restore. You can just replace the entire Addy Book from a recent backup you hopefully have. Plug in BB, open DM, click Restore, click Advanced. Your BB's contents will appear on the right. Click File/Open and select your most recent backup file (idp) on the left. Scroll to Address Book, check mark it and press the arrow pointing to you BB's contents. It should now replace your entire address book only. *Note it is always a good idea to do a full backup before doing this. Sh*t can happen and often does. Best of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 09:55 AM
    Could it be as simple as counting down in your Contact list from A-Z until you get to #106? You might see something different in that one entry that could make a difference... or the one before, or after...
    05-04-11 11:10 AM
    Also, if you haven't made many changes to your address book lately, you might try looking at the most recent changes to see if you see an obvious problem. Do you have 347 contacts?
    05-04-11 11:47 AM
    I've never been able to figure what exact record the # represented (run into the issue with clients way too much). It's usually a bad birthday date, picture attached to contact, some other attachment, or illegal characters in the entry. I've also seen it happen when all the Name fields were empty.

Try sorting and filtering through your Outlook to find the problem entry.
    05-04-11 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD