Fairly fast on the Curve, but slower than I type on the Pearl.
    06-06-08 04:57 PM
    Faster and faster everyday.... And I've mastered the texting while not looking...... eyes on someone I'm talking to, and fingers bouncing off my beautiful BB keys...hahaha
    06-06-08 05:06 PM
    Faster and faster everyday.... And I've mastered the texting while not looking...... eyes on someone I'm talking to, and fingers bouncing off my beautiful BB keys...hahaha
    Im still trying to acquire that skill!
    06-06-08 05:08 PM
    Im still trying to acquire that skill!
    It's great!! I appear to be very interested in what someone is saying, but really I am posting on a thread here, or writing someone back in my messenger.. lol.. I really am a good friend, I promise! lol
    06-06-08 05:11 PM
    Well I use my bb so much, typing on a regular keyboard is much slower than it used to be and I keep using bb shortcuts on my laptop. Well going back to my bb now
    06-06-08 06:29 PM
    It's great!! I appear to be very interested in what someone is saying, but really I am posting on a thread here, or writing someone back in my messenger.. lol.. I really am a good friend, I promise! lol
    LOL, your signature makes my girlfriend's sister pop into my head.. she loves firemen
    06-06-08 06:34 PM
    i type pretty fast, im a double thumber, both thumbs blurry and my keyboard smokin! me drunken thumb-fu master
    okay, so i want to know is has the curve ruined your keyboarding skills?
    06-06-08 07:43 PM
    I'm pretty darn good at my SureType, that's for sure. (no pun intended, dudes...)

I'm thinking of moving up to the WE pretty quick here... Has anyone gone from SureType to qwerty? Is it honestly better if ST is what I'm used to???
    i had no problem, but i didnt use suretype, i used the tap method...
    06-06-08 07:44 PM
    I am way faster with my slider samsung on t9. I can type on it with out even lookin
    06-06-08 07:55 PM
    The fastest I have ever been was with my old LG "V" (the original, before the enV) a few years back. I got my 8703 right after that, and I was almost as fast, but not quite. My 8830 came after that one and I hated the keyboard with a passion, so I wasn't anywhere near as fast with it. My Curve speed is slower than the 8703, but faster than the 8830.

That crappy LG was still the best though, keyboard wise that is.
    06-06-08 10:32 PM
    Once I got use to Suretype, a lot quicker than using Tap or iTap on my old Motorolas. The only thing that trips me up is when it doesn't pick up odd words.
    06-06-08 11:19 PM
    prolly 30wpm...maybe more, only possibly a little less
    06-06-08 11:39 PM
    T9 is ***, and a half!... I hate that crap, my phone has it on by default, I'd rather use the tap method but I'm too lazy to select "ABC mode" for every single message.

p.s. No, my phone will not let me change the default. It's a POS!
    06-06-08 11:48 PM
    Now I want to time myself... Gonna try that tomorrow for sure!

I'm a really FAST typist on a regular keyboard and I think I'm pretty darn fast on Pearly too! Everyone who sees me on my blackberry is amazed at how quick my thumbs fly over the keys. I'm a two thumber unless I'm lazy and then I just use my right hand, but that's too slow for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 11:50 PM
    i second the lg the v being a great keyboard. i could type much faster on that one as well.
    06-06-08 11:50 PM
    I don't know how you people can type with 1 hand lol... It's a pain in the *** for me trying to do that.
    06-06-08 11:52 PM
    I just noticed the other day that on occassion I would type without looking at the keyboard. But I'm still far from smooth flow at it or if I want people to understand what I'm typing. LOL
    06-07-08 12:50 AM
    Lightning fast!
    06-07-08 04:35 AM
    -----

I'll bet I type 8 words/min at least on this BB, in emails. But I sure do enjoy it. Would you believe I've never....never ever sent a text message in my life, you know, the kind where you type talk back and forth on AOL or whatever. That's prolly why I'm so slow. My real name is Mrs. Slowsky.

-----
    06-07-08 09:10 AM
    Would you believe I've never....never ever sent a text message in my life, you know, the kind where you type talk back and forth on AOL or whatever.
    Yes, I believe it!!

We have a hilarious running gag in our family about my mom sending text messages!! She is a fairly young 65 year old, quite computer saavy and "with it" so to speak. For some reason she needed to send me a text message instead of calling me. She had her phone on T9 but didn't know the different between that and the multi tap method so her words just WOULD NOT come out right. She ended up sending me a message that made ABSOLUTELY no sense whatsoever. Something like "Duck child smart run car quick".

Every once in a while I'll send her a text with stupid words all garbled up. She has since become quite the texter! I told her the other day she is getting pretty good and she said, "S L O W" and I responded with "A C C U R A T E"
    06-07-08 09:26 AM
    Yes, I believe it!!

We have a hilarious running gag in our family about my mom sending text messages!! She is a fairly young 65 year old, quite computer saavy and "with it" so to speak. For some reason she needed to send me a text message instead of calling me. She had her phone on T9 but didn't know the different between that and the multi tap method so her words just WOULD NOT come out right. She ended up sending me a message that made ABSOLUTELY no sense whatsoever. Something like "Duck child smart run car quick".

Every once in a while I'll send her a text with stupid words all garbled up. She has since become quite the texter! I told her the other day she is getting pretty good and she said, "S L O W" and I responded with "A C C U R A T E"
    im sorry but that almost made coffee come out my nose (ouch) because my mom (a fairly young 60yr old) has no idea how to text
    a few years ago i sent her a text message and she called my brother and asked him "did you call me, because someone just called and i cant see who it is"
    hahaha
    never tried that again
    06-07-08 11:07 AM
    I probably write around 30wpm maybe more. My friend watches me sometimes while I text or write an email to someone and sits there with his jaw dropped. He said he wants to record me typing on my bb one time.
    06-07-08 11:27 AM
    -----

kickinitlive247, I'd love to watch you type. Although my daughter can type really fast on her not Querty keyboard. Do you realize that your mother and I were teenagers together not so long ago. hahahaha

-----
    06-10-08 12:57 AM
    I used to sizzle on my lame *** RZR. You should see me now! I haven't tested myself but I'll have my wife do it weekly to see how I improve! LMAO
    06-10-08 09:50 AM
    If you can type 97 words per minute on a FULL-SIZE keyboard, I'd be surprised... I'm almost 100% sure it's not even possible to move your fingers that fast considering you can only use 2 fingers really at any given time, even if you were typing 3-4 letter words, 97*4=388 letters per minute, that's about 6.5 letters per second, and that's not including the amount of times you have to press the space bar. Or punctuation, assuming of course that you use punctuation. So if you can push A button that fast, that's completely irrelevant because when typing your brain actually has to tell your fingers to press certain buttons in a certain sequence to make words. And at the same time you still have to know 97 word's to write.

Thank you and have a nice day.
    Thank you for breaking it down, thats hilarious I think we all knew as soon as that was said, that it was impossible that was true.
    06-10-08 11:06 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD