-----

So....how fast can you type? How long did it take to get good! I love this Querty keyboard!

-----
    06-06-08 09:53 AM
    I'm fast but it's still nothing like typing on a regular keyboard. I am thinking about getting a wireless keyboard for it like I had for my treo. The one I got was cheap and didn't work well so I may get a better one this time around.

Does anyone type out long emails to friends/coworkers on their BB?
    06-06-08 10:03 AM
    Well my typing skills on a regular keyboard for me are fast, but obviously I'm a little slower on a small keyboard like this. I'd like to think I'm faster than average though. It only took me a week or so to become fast on it.

I also had an 8830 when I started, and now with the Curve I find typing a little easier.

Does anyone type out long emails to friends/coworkers on their BB?
    I've typed out pretty lengthy e-mails before. They're usually when I'm on a bus or train though, so I have nothing better to do.
    06-06-08 10:06 AM
    Well i can type pretty fast on my pearl... not jimmy johns fast but pretty fast...
    06-06-08 10:15 AM
    Because of the Curve's amazing keyboard layout, typing fast seams simple. I am not saying I am really fast, but the keyboards tactile response and layout in general are really susceptible to fast messaging.

As for the Pearl, although not QWERTY you can still type reasonably fast and sometimes you can type quicker if you know the button layout well. It is amazing how smart the phone is and can basically know what word you want to use in certain circumstances.

Either way, typing on BBs is nice!
    06-06-08 10:39 AM
    I'm pretty fast, took a little while to get used to. When I bought it, the sales rep told me he typed like 50 wpm. I did not ask for a demonstration...
    06-06-08 10:42 AM
    Great question. Now I want to time myself and see how many word a minute I can type. I'm a lot faster on my new curve than I was on the 8830 thats for sure.

I type out a lot of long emails and notes all the time. My wife just asked me last night how I type without looking (I was watching tv at the same time).

I will be timing myself later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 10:44 AM
    I'm typing much faster with this QWERTY keyboard. On my previous flip and slider phones I avoided texting because of the time it took me to type. Cruising now. Love this phone..
    06-06-08 10:51 AM
    97 words per minute
    06-06-08 10:54 AM
    I'm improving, rather slowly.
    06-06-08 10:57 AM
    97 words per minute
    97 wpm on your BB? hahahahha
    06-06-08 11:01 AM
    To me its different, I type faster and make less mistakes with long(acrylic) nails. I have noticed am a bit slower with my real short nails

06-06-08 11:13 AM
    p1nklady lol I think it's a matter fo what you're used to. I got used to the short nails after the acrylic. I found that the acrylic nails slipped off the keys though lol
    06-06-08 11:16 AM
    -----

97 words per minute! YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay....what do you think of those slide-out keyboards? The thing I really love about my BB Curve is EVERYTHINGS on the front!

-----
    06-06-08 11:30 AM
    I've gotten pretty fast with just my right thumb and when that gets tired I just switch to my left. If I'm really into a conversation I'll use but thumbs at once. I love the curve for how it fits into my large hands. It's very ergonomic for me. Definately not as fastt as a full sized keyboard but really close. Again I love my curve
    06-06-08 11:40 AM
    I'm pretty darn good at my SureType, that's for sure. (no pun intended, dudes...)

I'm thinking of moving up to the WE pretty quick here... Has anyone gone from SureType to qwerty? Is it honestly better if ST is what I'm used to???
    06-06-08 12:41 PM
    I'm pretty fast, took a little while to get used to. When I bought it, the sales rep told me he typed like 50 wpm. I did not ask for a demonstration...
    I wonder if he meant on a regular keyboard.
    06-06-08 01:53 PM
    I'm pretty darn good at my SureType, that's for sure. (no pun intended, dudes...)

I'm thinking of moving up to the WE pretty quick here... Has anyone gone from SureType to qwerty? Is it honestly better if ST is what I'm used to???
    If you know the keys on a full-size QWERTY, you should be fine, it'll just take a couple days for your to acclimate yourself to it. But doesn't everything that's worth doing take time? I mean come on! Who doesn't love having all those keys to play around with... The more keys on a gadget the better I say!
    06-06-08 01:55 PM
    97 words per minute
    If you can type 97 words per minute on a FULL-SIZE keyboard, I'd be surprised... I'm almost 100% sure it's not even possible to move your fingers that fast considering you can only use 2 fingers really at any given time, even if you were typing 3-4 letter words, 97*4=388 letters per minute, that's about 6.5 letters per second, and that's not including the amount of times you have to press the space bar. Or punctuation, assuming of course that you use punctuation. So if you can push A button that fast, that's completely irrelevant because when typing your brain actually has to tell your fingers to press certain buttons in a certain sequence to make words. And at the same time you still have to know 97 word's to write.

Thank you and have a nice day.
    06-06-08 02:02 PM
    Scary fast and that's just with one thumb. =8'). No J/K. Pretty dang fast with either thumb. Really fast with both. I love the curve for how it fits in my large hands. Very ergonomic for me. It definately beats my old DG razor. My daughter I very excited to inheirt it though. Again love the curve. =8')
    06-06-08 02:03 PM
    97 words per minute
    Umm you tube demonstration please??

Im pretty quick... and getting quicker everyday.. I always have "worldy" in my hands replying to IM's, Texts, Emails, BB Messenger etc soo im pretty quick and yes somtimes i have to create pretty lengthy emails due to my line of work... Thank god for Qwerty
    06-06-08 02:12 PM
    I'm a little slower on a small keyboard.
    06-06-08 02:17 PM
    ok, can't you guys take a joke, obv. not 97 wpm, and i wouldn't even have a way to record that if i could. i do however remember in highschool typing class getting over 100 wpm on a regular basis. that was like almost 10 yrs ago now, so who knows. i'm quick on teh curve too though
    06-06-08 02:19 PM
    ok, can't you guys take a joke, obv. not 97 wpm, and i wouldn't even have a way to record that if i could. i do however remember in highschool typing class getting over 100 wpm on a regular basis. that was like almost 10 yrs ago now, so who knows. i'm quick on teh curve too though
    I type 130+ WPM on a full sized keyboard... I don't think I could ever come anywhere NEAR that on my phone!
    06-06-08 02:29 PM
    Crikes - 97 wpm!!! I am averaging about 60, which I think is relatively ok on such a small keyboard. I think I did type a little faster on my previous Treo's over the years, but I have only had the curve a month or two. Bottom line is, I am happy with the productivity I get from the curve!

06-06-08 02:45 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD