With my Android, I was busy looking at useless Apps that I thought were funny. With Blackberry I have the perfect balance. Also, I'm a textaholic, 50% of my time using an Android/iPhone, I had to fix my stupid auto correct. I am strictly keyboard. If I ever decide to go back to Android, it better have a keyboard. But for now, I prefer my BlackBerry, Email set up is flipping easy.
    04-24-12 10:19 PM
    my BB doesn't make me any more or any less productive in my daily life. sure it makes certain things a little more convenient, email for example and not having to carry my laptop everywhere i go but like someone said above, 5 years ago all i used my phone for was to place phone calls and that really hasn't changed. heck, i only got into texting and bbm about 2 years ago and still it's something i can live without. i use my phone strictly as a communication device and that's it, the same way i did when i had my motorola flip.

dont get me wrong, i love my BB and all the things it can possibly do but no, it hasn't helped me become more productive.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-25-12 01:10 AM
    With my Android, I was busy looking at useless Apps that I thought were funny. With Blackberry I have the perfect balance. Also, I'm a textaholic, 50% of my time using an Android/iPhone, I had to fix my stupid auto correct. I am strictly keyboard. If I ever decide to go back to Android, it better have a keyboard. But for now, I prefer my BlackBerry, Email set up is flipping easy.
    Many people tout the auto correct on Android and iPhone devices, but in a lot of cases from my own experience it doesn't work well. One of the reasons that I prefer my BB. I don't need any predictive type to be enabled. I am super accurate without it. it is a pain to have to proofread everything you type because there may be some disastrous auto correct mistakes.
    04-25-12 04:57 AM
    Well for one, I dont/can't waste my time plying Angry Birds .
    04-25-12 05:53 AM
    i have to agree about that darn autocorrect. When I had an Android, i had to keep a constant watch on what I type otherwise I may get some very odd words in what I type. I love how when I type on my blackberry there may be one or two errors in which there are misspellings such as "whart" where I meant to spell "what" that really isnt the fault of the phone rather my fault so I can't blame the phone :P

Sam, this may be true for your phone (for now), but if you have a playbook, this argument no longer applies :P

Also I figured I'd mention I brought another user to crackberry yesterday. One of my mother's coworkers made a mention about how her blackberry torch was giving her the hourglass a lot so I told her that she needed to reboot her device I went ahead and did the three finger reboot and then told her that if she needs help with her blackberry she can go to crackberry.com she laughed and wrote it down and thanked me. I feel like this is my chance to get a blackberry fan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    04-25-12 05:59 AM
    This was part of an email to my new'ish boss, helping him with his comunication needs! he loved it.

Consider my history as a field service tech in northern Canada. While servicing my customers over a large part of that region. Our BBM group contained other service techs from within the company. Located across Western Canada and performing similar duties. This was by far the most valuable tool I had at my disposal! I could send a broadcast message to everyone in the group for assistance troubleshooting, send a photo to a select BBM user for a valuable second opinion or even help the parts people visualize what I was talking about. Ensuring the correct items was being ordered, all done without leaving the job site.
    Expand the above use case to our employees spread over the Eastern Hemisphere. It�s not hard to imagine that some time and money can be saved. Not instantly quantifiable perhaps, but no stretch of the imagination is required to see the benefits.
    jonathon.94 likes this.
    04-25-12 06:23 AM
    This was part of an email to my new'ish boss, helping him with his comunication needs! he loved it.

Consider my history as a field service tech in northern Canada. While servicing my customers over a large part of that region. Our BBM group contained other service techs from within the company. Located across Western Canada and performing similar duties. This was by far the most valuable tool I had at my disposal! I could send a broadcast message to everyone in the group for assistance troubleshooting, send a photo to a select BBM user for a valuable second opinion or even help the parts people visualize what I was talking about. Ensuring the correct items was being ordered, all done without leaving the job site.
    Expand the above use case to our employees spread over the Eastern Hemisphere. It�s not hard to imagine that some time and money can be saved. Not instantly quantifiable perhaps, but no stretch of the imagination is required to see the benefits.
    It is actually unless you have unlimited text and picture messaging Canada Wide. Imagine how much you saved with it.
    04-25-12 11:05 AM
    I'd love to use BBM but I have like one contact
    04-25-12 04:36 PM
    Many people tout the auto correct on Android and iPhone devices, but in a lot of cases from my own experience it doesn't work well. One of the reasons that I prefer my BB. I don't need any predictive type to be enabled. I am super accurate without it. it is a pain to have to proofread everything you type because there may be some disastrous auto correct mistakes.
    Have you ever checked out this site? It makes me almost spit my coffee on my PC's keyboard.
    04-25-12 09:22 PM
    lol I have checked it out before, it's pretty funny
    04-26-12 09:39 PM
    Have you ever checked out this site? It makes me almost spit my coffee on my PC's keyboard.
    That site is funny. And it proves my point perfectly.
    04-26-12 10:28 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD