Just what the title says. How do you benefit from multitasking? This thread should hopefully enlighten those who aren't aware of the importance of this attribute in a modern day device.
    08-12-09 09:53 PM
    Allows me to be online 24x7... my customers are happy because now I can respond to their e-mails in few minutes
    08-13-09 12:43 AM
    I own a computer repair shop, and often times I use multiple browsers to research new viruses. I have about a million other uses, but this is my biggest when multitasking. Can't wait for tabbed browsing tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:58 AM
    Instant replies to e-mails, customers love it, I've always been pretty quick on them anyway but with the BB system I've normally replied within a couple minutes.

It also helps having a good browser so I can look things up including customer details whilst on the road, sure all my previous phones have had browsers before but nothing I felt confident using on a regular basis.

Having moved from top end Nokia devices like the E90 (communictor) and other E devices I find the speed refreshingly quick as well.

08-13-09 01:04 AM
    I sell them. Although, lots more people like the iphone than BB in our store.
    08-13-09 01:05 AM
    My storm makes an 8 hour shift seem like 4. Lol

08-13-09 01:12 AM
    My storm makes an 8 hour shift seem like 4. Lol

+1
    my sentiments exactly
    08-13-09 01:21 AM
    I use the calendar to keep track of what days I work and when I'm off. I use the task manager to list what I need to do everyday. Instant email is also nice.

08-13-09 01:30 AM
    I own a computer repair shop, and often times I use multiple browsers to research new viruses. I have about a million other uses, but this is my biggest when multitasking. Can't wait for tabbed browsing tho.

A tabbed browser would be awesome! I always have a 100 tabs open when I'm on the PC.

08-13-09 01:34 AM
    A tabbed browser would be awesome! I always have a 100 tabs open when I'm on the PC.

+2 on that!

And BB helps me be accessible. I need to be responsive in my line of work. Many times I am working odd hours and only take catnaps. To be able to respond easily as things happen (whether I'm on the go or even crashed after long hours, if not days) is invaluable!

08-13-09 02:08 AM
    Professionally: with eOffice there is nothing I can't do from the
    field, be it faxing back to the office or another City or State
    agency, accessing files on my pc, etc....
    I am never more than a BBM away from my staff.

Volunteer: Quite a few of us firefighters have BBs and we can
    communicate and coordinate efforts off the radio. There are a
    few calls that never should go out over the air (bomb threats,
    and such). The dispatcher can hit all the officers and we
    mobilize our units without having to worry about who heard
    the report (read: the press) over a scanner.
    08-13-09 02:15 AM
    Mine really helps in the office. When I hear the voices I just put the phone to my ear and people assume I'm on a call. Really keeps the place calm.

08-13-09 02:58 AM
    Instant notification of server problems (and important workstations), customer support, end-user support, etc. Also it is great to be able to read spreadsheets, word docs, and PDFs on the go. Since its my personal phone (the company paid for a BES license for me to use) the calendar, contacts, and tasks are all mine.
    08-13-09 05:42 AM
    I do not use my personal BB for work because I have a different, older one for work. I do not care much about this BB as it is nothing more than a tool for my job. It is however an important one because we IT people tend to move around a lot during the day and it's pretty hard to stay in touch without it. It also lets us respond to important e-mails if we're not in the office. One other important benefit is that I am never surprised by my e-mail when I come in in the morning. Our BB's sync wirelessly so it is always up to date with the latest info and on those occasions where I forget to turn on my "Out of Office Assistant", I can do it right from the device. All in all, a very handy tool to have.
    08-13-09 08:53 AM
    It doesn't because the browser stinks and no access to the folders in my email account. Excuse me for trying to be organized.
    08-13-09 10:17 AM
    Email is key. My business partner also has a Blackberry so we are pretty much always on BBmessenger.

It's also nice to be able to see how our projects will look on mobile browsers.

My buddy and I run a web design company in our spare time as we're in school.
    08-13-09 11:00 AM
    Watch Utube @ work. Its great! Love the messenger

08-13-09 12:09 PM
    I'm a pimp and thats how i keep track of my h0es. If they get out of line I throw it at them.

I hope that wasn't offensive
    08-14-09 03:38 PM
    THE BEAUTY OF BLACKBERRY. See iphone doesnt have an app for that.
    08-14-09 03:43 PM
    It enables me to get onto Facebook whenever I want.

That's the only "work" purpose it serves.
    08-14-09 03:44 PM
    It helps me because we have no calculator at work, and I put my work schedule in my phone calendar

08-14-09 06:55 PM
    Phone, email, rolodex, daytimer, instant messenger...all in the palm of my hand.
    08-15-09 01:19 AM
    I'm a teacher, so it's super handy for me to keep my Gradebooks on me, which are in Numbers spreadsheet format. I'm sure in some way there's a privacy issue in that, but it's handy.

I often use it to kill time during the long waits in the allergy office, waiting after my shots.

Having a full HTML web browser is mega handy during arguments with the Guys... "oh yeah? Wikipedia, biznatch!!!"
    08-15-09 02:55 PM
    I actually sell them so it definitely helps me troubleshoot other people's phones. I was completely lost before I got one!
    08-15-09 03:03 PM
    its helps me to not go insane at work lol
    08-15-09 04:09 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD