I've notice that unlike most dum phone, when you do a battery pull on you BB, it keeps it self on time. Even when I left the battery out all night. Even when I do a clean OS instal with no conection of anny kin, my BB still keeps it self on time. I'm curious, could anny one explain how does my BB keeps it self on time
    01-09-12 07:04 AM
    Options
    Display
    Dat and Time

It's set by the network, your carrier.
    01-09-12 07:08 AM
    Even most so called "dumb" phones get the time from the carrier.
    01-09-12 07:13 AM
    I though older OS BlackBerry devices had the option of whether to set the time from your carrier or RIM. I don't see that option now. Is it gone? Was it ever there?
    01-09-12 07:17 AM
    I'm assuming like a PC the BlackBerry has an internal clock that maintains power even when the device is switched off, or unplugged, I suspect it is like ancient DALLAS chips where the clock and the powersource are embedded together in a single chip before being attached to the Motherboard

Not something you'd generally find on a featurephone, or
    Computer do this by way of the CMOS and the Watch like battery on the motherboard
    01-09-12 07:26 AM
    @Sam/ chirsy: I mean my phone with out a SIM card or hooked on wifi, the phone had no external connection
    @ Derusett: Thanks, I notice it even happens on old BB as well (the 8830). RIM don't make cheap phone in the old days
    01-09-12 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD