Not sure on how secure whatsapp is... but it should not be able to login on two device at a time... unless using whatsapp web

As to the wiping problem, my guess is that there is something in the IT policy that is remote wiping your device. Was a wipe command sent previously and is still active?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:06 PM
    I don't think it can be Blend. You can not post Whatsapp through Blend. It can't be anything because his device is in airplane mode.
    02-20-15 03:10 PM
    I don't think it can be Blend. You can not post Whatsapp through Blend. It can't be anything because his device is in airplane mode.
    Didn't think it was Blend at all for the WhatsApp issue, infact I believe the two issues are totally unrelated. I am looking more so at the wiping issue.
    02-20-15 03:14 PM
    Didn't think it was Blend at all for the WhatsApp issue, infact I believe the two issues are totally unrelated. I am looking more so at the wiping issue.
    I gotcha, but you can't wipe through Blend either. It would have to be BB Protect.

Edit: So I guess if I were him I would change my BBID password ASAP. Which I think he said he already did.
    02-20-15 03:15 PM
    Hello,

I have the new classic, whenever I activate it on our BES server, usually a day or two later the device wipes itself. It is not the BES as I am on the same policy as every other user, and it isn't the device as this happened on a 9720 and a z10.

When the device is not activated on the BES, the problem does not occur. I believe I am being maliciously targeted.

When the device is activated on the BES, a policy applies that requires a device lock password and the device will wipe itself on 5 unsuccessful p/w attempts. I remember not activating it and setting the lock manually, in which case I get 10 unsuccessful attempts. When I returned to my phone one day (it was on charge) it said 6/10 attempts had been tried, wtf??

My question is, can somebody remotely enter my password and wipe the device with unsuccessful attempts? I live alone, so there is nobody else that can interact with the device. I even put the device in airplane mode when it was connected to the BES, yet I still woke up to it wiping itself.

Help!
    As your connect to BES, the IT department have full control over this device and any other device connected to their BES. They can access it at any time and remove any content they wish to, this includes wiping the device, with out giving you an explanation. If they believe, suspect or have any doubt at all, that your not using your device in accordance with the rules & practice of the company, they can and will take action to remove the content from the device, to protect themselves and the company.

If the device is your own personal device, I suggest you disconnect it from BES. If the company you work for requires you to use their BES, then they can supply you with a device for work purposes only. Maybe you can put a requisition in for a BlackBerry Classic.

(as you have WhatsApp on the device and this App keeps getting hacked, I suggest you remove it. As you may be allowing access to work contacts, emails messages etc etc. If you prefer to use your own device for work. Install 'BlackBerry Balance' this is for enterprises users only, to keep you work & personnel side separate)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Craigash; 02-20-15 at 03:34 PM.
    Concession likes this.
    02-20-15 03:17 PM
    As your connect to BES, the IT department have full control over this device and any other device connected to their BES. They can access it at any time and remove any content they wish to, this includes wiping the device, with out giving you an explanation. If they believe, suspect or have any doubt at all, that your not using your device in accordance with the rules & practice of the company, they can and will take action to remove the content from the device, to protect themselves and the company.

If the device is your own personal device, I suggest you disconnect it from BES. If the company you work for requires you to use their BES, then they can supply you with a device for work purposes only.

Posted via CB10
    OP works in the IT department and has spoke with the BES admin. As far as OP knows they are not wiping his device.

Speaking of which OP. Check the BES logs for device wipes.
    02-20-15 03:19 PM
    I gotcha, but you can't wipe through Blend either. It would have to be BB Protect.

Edit: So I guess if I were him I would change my BBID password ASAP. Which I think he said he already did.
    I believe if you hit too many attempts for the password on Blend it will also wipe the device, though I haven't tested this myself.
    02-20-15 03:29 PM
    Just a quick update on this, forgot to turn the device off last night, woke up this morning, the device has not wiped itself.

Whatsapp is still running, the only thing i've done differently is turn off BB protect. Will keep an eye on it and keep this thread updated.
    02-21-15 11:34 AM
    You did change your BBID password right? This sounds like someone got access to your BlackBerry Protect and is wiping on you.

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    02-21-15 11:53 AM
    You did change your BBID password right? This sounds like someone got access to your BlackBerry Protect and is wiping on you.

Posted via CB10
    This.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:09 PM
    Have you tried putting a camera in your bed room while you sleep?

 Z10
    02-21-15 03:31 PM
    Edited .
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 02-21-15 at 05:21 PM.
    02-21-15 04:23 PM
    This seems interesting, I would like to keep updated on what's actually happening.. lol

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:38 PM
    Just give the ghost in your house a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Lol ghost wiper lol

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    02-21-15 08:50 PM
    I'm hooked. Need to know how the story ends...

 Posted via Z10 
    AnimalPak200 and stealthbob like this.
    02-21-15 09:13 PM
    If you work in IT maybe you shouldn't be trusting whattsapp with the information (contacts)on your phone? Nonetheless hope the issue is resolved for you quickly.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:56 PM
    Update

Woke up about an hour ago to find a message on my screen saying I had entered 3 out 5 incorrect passwords.

Screenshots attached. I'm sure the savvy amongst you can inspect the exif metadata properties to confirm date image was taken, in case i'm accused of making it up again!

Anyways, im either going to call a priest or....change my wall charger, as it was charging when it happened.

How does this hacker keep wiping my BB? [Sleep Typing possibility]-img_20150222_084229.jpg
    How does this hacker keep wiping my BB? [Sleep Typing possibility]-img_20150222_084238.jpg
    02-22-15 03:50 AM
    What were the test conditions? Did you have BES on? Did you change your BlackBerry ID password? Did you lock up your phone so that you wouldn't have access to it? etc.?

Looking at the exif data proves nothing. So what if you recently took the photos. Anyone can take photos of the screen after failed attempts.

Are you really an IT person? Your debugging skills are full of mysticism.

If you want help, start following some of the suggestions to help eliminate possibilities; otherwise, you're just wasting everyone's time, i.e. trolling.
    02-22-15 04:09 AM
    Update

Woke up about an hour ago to find a message on my screen saying I had entered 3 out 5 incorrect passwords. ...
    I have experienced this 2-3 times last year, it's probably a bug, don't worry.

Most important: Your device was not wiped.

There were four explanations for your problem:

1) You are using the same password and e-mailaddress for different services and one of these services was hacked.

2) One of the computers you are using is infected with a trojan/ keylogger.

3) Somebody has physical access to your phone or password lists.

4) Somebody in your IT department is messing with you.
    02-22-15 04:46 AM
    Following this thread. Hooked.
    02-22-15 05:06 AM
    Okay, so what do the device logs have to say about the issue? Do they list anything indicating incorrect password attempts?
    02-22-15 05:37 AM
    try to remove the screenprotector
    02-22-15 05:46 AM
    Are you using the charger that came with the phone? My wife used an "unofficial" charger with her iphone 6 and it would do crazy things. Even send empty text messages.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:00 AM
    get a camera,record all night then see what have you been doing then you will know if it's you or a hacker
    that is funny
    maybe you don't live alone and you don't know it
    02-22-15 08:05 AM
    get a camera,record all night then see what have you been doing then you will know if it's you or a hacker
    that is funny
    Good idea, put cctv see what the phone doing at night
    02-22-15 08:11 AM
176 12345 ...