How does it decide which msgs to thread together???
    09-24-10 07:00 AM
    In what context? Do you mean the threaded text messaging, or something totally different?
    09-24-10 07:58 AM
    I think it threads each different conversation into it's own window. Pretty sure you want the "Show Names" setting in Menu/Options/Sms set to yes or it can get pretty confusing texting with more than one person at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 12:18 PM
    i'm thinking about text message it seems to thread together

i often get an unrelated message from my friends and it's threaded to a previous sms conversation with them

I can only imagine that they've used 'reply' to start a new sms but since their phone doesn't support threaded sms msgs how does my bb know whether or not to thread together a conversation?

or does bb just thread anything coming from same sender

EDIT: In fact i'm convinced thats exactly what BB does - any/all msgs from same sender are threaded whether the converation is related or not
    Last edited by Chris-K; 09-24-10 at 01:43 PM.
    09-24-10 01:41 PM
    each sender has its own thread. all messages from the sender will go under their thread
    09-24-10 01:44 PM
    On my Tour with OS 5.0.0.732 it threads the sms messages by the sender whether they use reply or create a new message. In my settings the "Show Names" is set to no and I don't recall any messages getting mixed together with some other sender.
    09-24-10 01:48 PM
    It's not that they are going to get mixed, but how do you know whose window is whose. And yes if you have previous messages from the sender it will thread to the last one. So save into your saved messages and delete them from your main or sms folder if you must keep them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 09-24-10 at 03:30 PM.
    09-24-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD