Noob question: I was under the impression that BBM was free international messaging. However, my mother went to Mexico and we both have BB and we message eachother via BBM now T-Mobile is charging us a ridiculous amount of money for the messaging. Can anyone clarify this?
    08-06-12 11:56 AM
    bbm is a data only service that is basically free. I say basically because you technically pay for it when you pay the fee for data. The only that I can imagine her being outrageously charged with is roaming data (using data in another country) but that depends on if her blackberry is on an american carrier or a mexican one

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-06-12 12:11 PM
    @jclopezsmu, did you add a international data package to your plan?

a BlackBerry using BBM could run you about 1MB per day, for me that would cost me $30 per day if I didn't get a package I don't know your roaming rates.

BBM is "free international messaging" when messaging from within your home country essentially, but never is fully free when you leave your country
    08-06-12 12:16 PM
    Noob question: I was under the impression that BBM was free international messaging. However, my mother went to Mexico and we both have BB and we message eachother via BBM now T-Mobile is charging us a ridiculous amount of money for the messaging. Can anyone clarify this?
    Must be because your mother took a T-mo american phone into Mexico. I have BBM'ed with people from all over the world so it must be tied to the carriers data package within the country they signed up in. If she returned to Mexico permanently and signed a contract with a Mexican carrier, I bet it would be "free"
    08-06-12 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD