My hotmail works great on my BB, is this using pop3? Imap? How does it do it?

The reason I ask is I bought the G1 from T-mobile/Google and I cannot get it setup. It said it takes pop3 or imap accounts but I cannot get this to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by jmejiaa; 10-22-08 at 03:01 PM.
    10-22-08 02:53 PM
    Any ideas?
    Take it back and stick with your Berry? We all know that Blackberries are better phones anyway, right?

Seriously, though, google it and find a G1 fan site. They can probably tell you how to operate your new phone better than we can.
    10-22-08 03:34 PM
    the question i really want the answer for is about my curve. it worked with my hotmail? does it use pop or imap?

with this i can go to androidcommunity and ask why hotmail worked on my bb but not with android. if the bb uses pop3 or imap there is no reason it should not work on my g1.

btw....this phone is great. very different then my bb. i honestly can do everything i did on my bb. its fun and very quick. 3g is awesome and the fact that the os is open source is great. that being said. i do not think i would use it if i had to work from my phone, email on the bb is awesome but im getting used to this kb. full web browser makes typing this very easikly. i love bb's and im pretty sure ill be back someday when im higher in the corporate ladder.

so seriosly does the bb use pop3 for hotmail??
    10-22-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD