Hi all,

we want to make some survey for the new project and we would like to ask you about help us to get more info about usage e-mail accounts on BlackBerry and desktop.

If you are not a corporate user and do not use a BES server account, you can use BIS account and several additional e-mail accounts are added to your BIS account. Do you use AOL, Yahoo, MSN, Google e-mail accounts?

Let's imagine you're at home or at office, you work at PC and you can receive a new e-mail to your e-mail account (also to BlackBerry Messages application). Do you use some desktop notifications if you receive new message to your mailbox on BlackBerry? - I mean, you can see notifications from AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google IM desktop application.

If you read new message on desktop (via browser or desktop application) does it automatically set to "read" status on BlackBerry? (wireless synchronization)

Thanks for your help!
    08-31-10 04:05 AM
    As a BIS user I have several accounts installed on the phone. Yahoo, BB mail, and web server all get delivered to the device.

There is no icon on the computer to tell me if a message is sent to the phone. That is set for LED signal and the phone is always near me.

My read status is automatic with sync in both directions for all accounts. IMAP insures that function very well.

Any more specific questions feel free to PM me. Following this thread may or may not be possible for me.
    08-31-10 07:44 AM
    Thanks, anyone else could help us?
    09-03-10 05:55 AM
    As a BIS user I have several accounts installed on the phone. Yahoo, BB mail, and web server all get delivered to the device.

There is no icon on the computer to tell me if a message is sent to the phone. That is set for LED signal and the phone is always near me.

My read status is automatic with sync in both directions for all accounts. IMAP insures that function very well.

Any more specific questions feel free to PM me. Following this thread may or may not be possible for me.
    ^ Same applies for me

have two gmail accounts and one yahoo email. No notification on desktop and rely on LED notification on the blackberry
    09-03-10 06:52 AM
    I've only got two accounts on my phone over BIS. My home pop3 email and my work exchange email (but not on BES - they got rid of that when the bosses moved to iPhones). My phone is my own, so I never was on the work BES when they had it. I didn't do enough outside the office for them to pay for it at the time (and it was an extra 15 bucks a month to get a BES plan on my own). Now that I do a bit more outside the office and the BES is gone, it doesn't much matter anymore - I keep my phone and I do with it as I please.

I have no need for gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc... when I have a perfectly good ISP account. And yet, I don't like that BB has not done anything to advance syncing of pop3 emails and contacts over BIS in all the updates they've done over the past year or so.

I read most of my home emails on my phone now because I don't spend much time at my computer these days (new baby in the house). Most of my email cleanup is done from my phone so that when I do open up my emails on my home pc, its mostly cleaned up, and I only have a little housekeeping to follow up with. But I also don't get a ton of home emails either - which helps greatly.

For work emails, notifications are used for both the pc and the phone. But I'm at my pc most of the day and there is a 5 to 15 minute lag between the pc getting the email and my phone finally showing it. It also takes nearly an hour and a half before my phone shows an email as read after it was read on the pc. However, if I read an email on the phone first, the same email on the pc will mark itself read within 10 seconds. Because of that, if I'm at my desk the whole day, I do all my emailing at the pc. I'll get notifications on my phone, but just check if it's a work or home email. I let all the work emails pile in and every once in a while I'll just go in and "mark prior opened". As I do all my work email housekeeping on the work pc, by the end of the day, the phone will eventually reflect the cleaned up mailbox from work. I also keep my work Outlook running so the junk email filters keep the junk off the phone after-hours. We have a spam filter on the email exchange server that catches about 98% of the junk, but Outlook's own filters work on almost the other 2%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by joeldf; 09-03-10 at 09:06 AM.
    09-03-10 08:58 AM
    I have no need for gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc... when I have a perfectly good ISP account. And yet, I don't like that BB has not done anything to advance syncing of pop3 emails and contacts over BIS in all the updates they've done over the past year or so.
    Seconded, except my ISP gives me an IMAP email yet the two way sync is nowhere near as good as it's reported on gmail and I can't sync my contacts. Madness!

09-03-10 10:00 AM
    I've only got two accounts on my phone over BIS. My home pop3 email and my work exchange email (but not on BES - they got rid of that when the bosses moved to iPhones). My phone is my own, so I never was on the work BES when they had it. I didn't do enough outside the office for them to pay for it at the time (and it was an extra 15 bucks a month to get a BES plan on my own). Now that I do a bit more outside the office and the BES is gone, it doesn't much matter anymore - I keep my phone and I do with it as I please.

I read most of my home emails on my phone now because I don't spend much time at my computer these days (new baby in the house). Most of my email cleanup is done from my phone so that when I do open up my emails on my home pc, its mostly cleaned up, and I only have a little housekeeping to follow up with. But I also don't get a ton of home emails either - which helps greatly.

For work emails, notifications are used for both the pc and the phone. But I'm at my pc most of the day and there is a 5 to 15 minute lag between the pc getting the email and my phone finally showing it. It also takes nearly an hour and a half before my phone shows an email as read after it was read on the pc. However, if I read an email on the phone first, the same email on the pc will mark itself read within 10 seconds. Because of that, if I'm at my desk the whole day, I do all my emailing at the pc. I'll get notifications on my phone, but just check if it's a work or home email. I let all the work emails pile in and every once in a while I'll just go in and "mark prior opened". As I do all my work email housekeeping on the work pc, by the end of the day, the phone will eventually reflect the cleaned up mailbox from work. I also keep my work Outlook running so the junk email filters keep the junk off the phone after-hours. We have a spam filter on the email exchange server that catches about 98% of the junk, but Outlook's own filters work on almost the other 2%.

Can't send you a private message, could you contact us [email protected] and I'll ask you one question. thanks.
    09-05-10 04:01 PM
    I use my desktop as a storage tank for my emails. Use my Berry for reading all my emails. Even reply to some.
    09-05-10 04:04 PM
    Hi all,

we want to make some survey for the new project and we would like to ask you about help us to get more info about usage e-mail accounts on BlackBerry and desktop.

If you are not a corporate user and do not use a BES server account, you can use BIS account and several additional e-mail accounts are added to your BIS account. Do you use AOL, Yahoo, MSN, Google e-mail accounts?

Let's imagine you're at home or at office, you work at PC and you can receive a new e-mail to your e-mail account (also to BlackBerry Messages application). Do you use some desktop notifications if you receive new message to your mailbox on BlackBerry? - I mean, you can see notifications from AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google IM desktop application.

If you read new message on desktop (via browser or desktop application) does it automatically set to "read" status on BlackBerry? (wireless synchronization)

Thanks for your help!
    Not sure exactly of your point - but:

I have Outlook set up by my company for wireless sync of email, contacts & calender and it sync within seconds either way - also syncs read/unread emails

Also have 2 hotmail accounts set up by myself - just the email is in sync
    BB gets new email instantaneously (before my PC)

If i read/delete email on my BB then this is replicated on the server (my online account & PC) - but if i read/delete email from the server/pc it is not replicated back to my BB (have to read/delte them again

Identical behaviour with Googlemail/Gmail too
    09-06-10 07:34 AM
    As a BIS user, I do not use my computer to access any of my email accounts, they all get checked and replied to on the BB.

I want to see BIS improved to be like BES such that I can browse archived emails I've received, and calendars natively sync vs needing software to do it....

09-06-10 08:30 AM
    I have three email accounts. AOL,Yahoo and my work email. I check and reply to everything on my BB. I'll occasionally check my messages on my desktop.
    09-06-10 09:00 AM
    I use 1 Yahoo and 1 Gmail account. My Gmail account checks my Yahoo email via POP3 and my Gmail account is setup on my Blackberry.

I don't "check" my mail on my PC all that often though I do use the PC to label/archive my Gmail as it is just easier than on the BB.
    09-07-10 10:28 AM
    I use my desktop as a storage tank for my emails. Use my Berry for reading all my emails. Even reply to some.
    same here...
    09-07-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD