01-29-10 06:09 PM
46 12
tools
    left index finger and right thumb is the fastest way for me.
    I was starting to think i was the only one who used it this way.
    01-28-10 11:28 PM
    2 thumb tips....

1 thumb and 1 forefinger???? That would be like driving a car with your feet.
    01-28-10 11:29 PM
    I type with both thumbs. I cut my nails almost daily so that I can type better. I have found that typing with my thumbs the easiest. I have found that there is a certain rhythm that I must type with to get my messages out quickly and accurately. If I type in rhythm with my thumbs I can really crank out messages fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 11:38 PM
    I use my thumbz or just one of my thumbz holding it in one hand. and if itz sitting on a table/desk and i dnt wanna pick it up i use my index fingerz.
    01-29-10 12:11 AM
    Generally, I use the balls off my thumbs but sometimes use the tips as well.

01-29-10 12:52 AM
    I chicken peck

01-29-10 12:58 AM
    i use a sledge hammer, but have a hard time getting one letter out....

NAW seriously i double thumb it unless i'm eating Chicken wings @ Quaker Stake and Lube then i use my pinky finger. The only one without BBQ sauce on it....

lol double thumb also
    01-29-10 01:22 AM
    Double thumb tip, or right thumb tip if only one hand available.

I'm baffled as to how one can type on the balls of their thumbs - that is very awkward to me. I must have the wrong hands lol

Re: Quaker Steak wings - How is it that the pinky finger avoids the sauce? haha I never thought of that until you mentioned it
    01-29-10 01:58 AM
    2 thumb tips....

1 thumb and 1 forefinger???? That would be like driving a car with your feet.
    Last time I checked, you do drive a car with feet

I know what you're saying though. Surely its more comparable to steering a car with one hand and an elbow?

01-29-10 02:19 AM
    Thumb tips

01-29-10 03:41 AM
    thumb tips also, balls of your thumbs??? crikey, either mines too round or some of u guys must have pointy balls!! LOL
    Last edited by simonsimonsimon; 01-29-10 at 05:18 AM. Reason: typos
    01-29-10 05:18 AM
    Generally I would one-thumb, occasionally I'd double it up...but I can easily get away with the one-thumb technique on a Pearl (SureType) If I had a QWERTY I'm pretty sure I'd double thumb (tips) 90% of the time
    01-29-10 07:11 AM
    the keys feel different from the curve cause of the way they are angled slightly and the rounded corners im getting used to it still but i do less typos than the iphone which i just switched from so im happy so far
    01-29-10 09:12 AM
    I use VLINGO PLUS. It works in every app in the blackberry. My calender entries, e-mail, text messages, notes to myself, you name it vlingo works in it. The more I use it the better and faster it works. I find myself doing almost zerro typinjg on my blackberry. I was very skeptical of the app until I knew someone who used it. They convinced me to try it, I did and I can not tell you how amazed I was that this app can repeat everything that I say with almost zerro errors now. I have had it for under a week and vlingo just keeps getting better with recognizing my speech patterns. The voice command that comes with the 9700 is junjk compared to vlingo. I use the left side key to activate vlingo and bang I'm on my way.

Another vote for VLingo. No need to type except for the occasional mistranslation, and usually the drop down menu offers the correct word when I hover over the incorrect one (which doesn't happen often anyway).
    01-29-10 09:40 AM
    I'm a double-thumbed kinda guy too. I normally hold the phone in two hands, a bit like a cats cradle (how embarrassing to admit that!) and use my thumbs, mostly the tips but I've got fat fingers. There is an occasional mistake, but moving the phone around slightly depending on which key is to be pressed.

I can't use just a single thumb on all keys, as I'm not a long-fingered chap. Definitely not a finger-typer.

Can anyone type & walk without being a danger to themselves and others?

01-29-10 10:43 AM
    sides of thumbs here.
    01-29-10 11:21 AM
    I use my thumbs any other way for me wouldn't work.
    01-29-10 12:24 PM
    Thumb tips!
    01-29-10 12:26 PM
    Elbows...very pointy.
    01-29-10 05:11 PM
    I use the ball of my thumbs until I get tired of misspelling words than use the tips.
    01-29-10 06:08 PM
    Double thumb with the tips.

01-29-10 06:09 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD