I have all my contacts on my Device Manager already, and am all backed up, but would also like to have my numbers in my SIM card. Is there a way to so this?

Reason I ask is that I once had to send in my BB for a repair, and during that time, I had to use a regular cell phone, with my SIM card from my BB, and there were no phone numbers on the SIM at all. It was really a pain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 09:47 AM
    Go to your address book and view a contact, scroll to their number, press menu and choose copy to sim phone book. You will have to do this with each and every contact. There is no way to copy all of them at the same time. Also, if you have a lot of contacts, the SIM card might not hold all of them.
    08-03-08 09:55 AM
    Thanks. A little tedious, but better than nothing.

08-03-08 10:46 AM
    ya isnt it annoying.. The 2 dumbest things that make me want to throw my berry at the wall is the fact that you have to save the contacts to your sim 1 by 1, and send sms's to 1 person at a time. There is no excuse for this, even old $40 phones are capable of doing this.
    08-03-08 11:00 AM
    Go to your address book and view a contact, scroll to their number, press menu and choose copy to sim phone book. You will have to do this with each and every contact. There is no way to copy all of them at the same time. Also, if you have a lot of contacts, the SIM card might not hold all of them.
    Exactly as Sunkast said...

Tedious, painful, limited... bleh!

The SIM card only holds about 250 contacts (*do not quote me on that!*)

If you need a back-up, just use DesktopManager. If you need to use the contacts on another device... use the switch device wizard
    08-03-08 11:18 AM

The SIM card only holds about 250 contacts (*do not quote me on that!*)

)
    quote quote... new sim cards can hold 1000.
    08-03-08 11:20 AM
    ya isnt it annoying.. The 2 dumbest things that make me want to throw my berry at the wall is the fact that you have to save the contacts to your sim 1 by 1, and send sms's to 1 person at a time. There is no excuse for this, even old $40 phones are capable of doing this.
    i see you have that nokia E71 how is it?
    08-03-08 11:33 AM
    looks great, feels great, true 3G capabilities.....>>> i love it. If I could have the same data plan for it as I do for my BB, my curve would be in the garbage can.
    08-03-08 11:37 AM
    You can send sms to multiple contact. Highlight your first contact click the menu button click add contact. Repeat for each contact.

08-03-08 11:38 AM
    You can send sms to multiple contact. Highlight your first contact click the menu button click add contact. Repeat for each contact.

But you still have to add 1 by 1. Still the same.

Unlike other phones which you can click ''mark all'', or go down your address book and check off who you want to send it to.
    08-03-08 11:42 AM
    I know there have been many a time where I accidentaly sent a message to the wrong person by clicking off names on my old samsung so I personally like the bbs way better. That is just a matter of personal preference tho.

08-03-08 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD