Is it possible to make it so you dont have to go online to look at your mms messages?
    I have t-mobile and the 8800 and I have to go to my.tmobile.net everytime I want to see what my friends sent me.
    Is it possible to talk to the company or do I just have to bear with it?
    08-12-08 02:12 AM
    Its probably your model because I have a curve 8320 and the mms show on my phone fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 02:51 AM
    Is it possible to make it so you dont have to go online to look at your mms messages?
    I have t-mobile and the 8800 and I have to go to my.tmobile.net everytime I want to see what my friends sent me.
    Is it possible to talk to the company or do I just have to bear with it?
    Welcome to CB. Can you send and MMS? if you cant you need to register your device again. Go to options>advanced options>host routing table hit menu and register now. Next step try sending an MMS first before trying to receive one. Hope it works
    08-12-08 03:20 AM
    No, it's your model. The 8800 was designed to be a business phone so fun features like MMS weren't included. That's why you have o use the net to see the pics.
    08-12-08 04:02 AM
    No, it's your model. The 8800 was designed to be a business phone so fun features like MMS weren't included. That's why you have o use the net to see the pics.

No its definitely not the device but a carrier restriction. I have a 8800 in front of me and have the option to send MMS.
    08-12-08 04:13 AM
    Yeah as mobiman suggests I believe some carriers don't offer MMS.

08-12-08 05:16 AM
    It's your DEVICE!!! I had an 8800 with Verizon also. Since the 8800 does not have a camera, it cannot receive picture messages. I know, broke my heart also. I had it for 2 months and had to break down and buy a Curve at full price. Sorry!!!

08-12-08 05:18 AM
    Guys trust me, it's the DEVICE!!! I know from first hand experience!!!

08-12-08 05:20 AM
    Yeah its the device. I have people send me pictures as an attachment to email so I can get it without going online.

08-12-08 05:26 AM
    Yeah as mobiman suggests I believe some carriers don't offer MMS.

100% right

Guys trust me, it's the DEVICE!!! I know from first hand experience!!!

100% wrong

Yeah its the device. I have people send me pictures as an attachment to email so I can get it without going online.

100% wrong

As I have mentioned man, its definitely operator restrictions as I have the option to send and receive MMS on one of my older 8800, also its not a must for a device to have a camera to send and receive MMS's
    08-12-08 05:43 AM
    Could also be they don't have a data plan. I know with at&t anyway you can't re register the phone to update the mms service books with out it so they have no way to connect to MEdia net to send/receive them.
    08-12-08 09:57 AM
    Don't know if this would help or not...but...I have a new CURVE and went through the very same thing. I actually called US Cellular this morning and it was a problem with the coding that they had on the phone....She changed it and it immediately fixed the problem.

Hope you find the solution.
    08-12-08 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD