View Poll Results: How do you react to news from RIM when they don't deliver something you are expecting

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1

6 33.33%
  • Option 2

6 33.33%
  • Option 3

2 11.11%
  • Option 4

0 0%
  • Option 5

1 5.56%
  • Option 6

2 11.11%
  • Option 7

1 5.56%
    So after the release of Angry Birds in Space there was a lot of disappointment floating around so I came up with an idea of making a little poll to see how YOU react to promisses and deliveries.

How do you react to news from RIM when they don't deliver something you are expecting?

1. I am OK with it, I don't have high expectations so I don't get disappointed.

2. I have some expectations so I tend to get disappointed sometimes.

3. I have high expectations and I get disappointed almost all the time.

4. RIM should concentrate on the list of my expectations and deliver it regardless of what others want and expect.

5. Everything RIM delivers now days disappoints me because they still don't have Skype and Netflix. My computer is too far from my couch and my laptop is too heavy for Skype-ing and I don’t enjoy watching Netflix movies on my LCD TV with 5.1 sound system because Playbook has amazing 7 inch screen and the sound is unbeatable.

6. RIM owes me and apology for not catering to my needs. If I knew this was going to suck this much I would have not been a cheap a$$ and would have bought iPad because it does EVERITHING and I MEAN EVERYTHING. My friend told me his new iPad3 even unplugged his toilet once.

7. I am just unhappy with my life so I blame anyone and everyone for my misery.
    Last edited by gorang; 04-24-12 at 03:13 PM.
    04-24-12 03:07 PM
    Where is the poll?
    04-24-12 03:11 PM
    Oh good. Another hate RIM thread... Please kill this troll thread...
    04-24-12 03:12 PM
    Oh good. Another hate RIM thread... Please kill this troll thread...
    No hate, just opening haters eyes
    I am and will be BB user as long as theyr around.
    04-24-12 03:14 PM
    I think people's imaginations start going wild when there is a somewhat cryptic "something wonderful" message by someone from RIM. The truth of the matter is, don't try to guess. From the gaming side of things, this is a wonderful addition. I think the head of RIM's gaming tweet was a little over the top, but he was excited about the new game.

I think it is interesting to see how people will get their hopes up and how wild their hopes will be. The wiser approach would be to anticipate nothing other than something. Whether it is "wonderful" or not will be dependent on personal perspective.
    04-24-12 03:29 PM
    I really want to see how many ppl will actually vote for 5, 6 and 7. From comments on Angry Birds anouncement it looked like these 3 categories will dominate.
    04-24-12 03:30 PM
    Ironic .
    04-24-12 03:32 PM
    I think people's imaginations start going wild when there is a somewhat cryptic "something wonderful" message by someone from RIM. The truth of the matter is, don't try to guess. From the gaming side of things, this is a wonderful addition. I think the head of RIM's gaming tweet was a little over the top, but he was excited about the new game.

I think it is interesting to see how people will get their hopes up and how wild their hopes will be. The wiser approach would be to anticipate nothing other than something. Whether it is "wonderful" or not will be dependent on personal perspective.
    Perhaps if he knew his simple tweet was going to end up on front page of Crackberry he would have worded it differently.
    04-24-12 03:37 PM
    The Tweet was from the head of games, it was obvious it was going to be a game, people just wanted to think it could be skype or something but anyone who thought about it knew it wouldn't happen.
    04-24-12 03:40 PM
    How about Option 8: I purchased my 9810 because because it already did everything I wanted from a phone/pda/messaging device from day 1, besides, all the promises I hear about are for the Playbook, and I don't care because I already have Skype, Neflix, and a ton of other useful and entertaining apps on my iPad.
    04-24-12 04:04 PM
    8. I avoid the CrackBerry forums like the plague.
    04-24-12 04:45 PM
    I think the disappointment came from the very same trolls that started the rumors. Although, I expected some other kind of game. It isn't as if we didn't know there was already a submission for ABS
    04-24-12 04:55 PM
    Even if by a miracle it was the Skype app everyone would of complaint
    about Netflix missing. Same thing if it was the other way around.
    A month ago everyone was crying about no AB Space on PB.
    Now nobody cares.....
    interesting stuff.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    04-24-12 06:00 PM
    8. I avoid the CrackBerry forums like the plague.
    Unfourtunately that's been my solution a lot these days.
    04-24-12 07:48 PM
    So, if you don't frequent CrackBerry or other BlackBerry related sites, you likely didn't even know that Angry Birds Space was leaked out (and maybe to them its release today was something wonderful). Heck, you likely don't know or care about most of the stuff that members here stress out about daily. The arguments and whining that takes place in the forums is not a "typical" user's standard thing, like it is for most of us.

Yes, there are over 3 million CrackBerry members but only a tiny fraction of those care enough about the day-to-day happenings at RIM or in mobile in general to actually have an answer for this poll.
    louzer and gorang like this.
    04-24-12 09:19 PM
    Seems many BB users suffer an inferiority complex...... They somehow have to keep looking at what they do have not have and no appreciation what they do have..... I find myself thinking why do these users not just sell the BB and get an Android or Apple tablet or phones if Skype and Netflix so important to them.....

As I have all three of the above tablets... I can honestly say I use the Playbook most of the time.....Does it have everything... no... but you know what... it does what I want and does it really well......
    gorang likes this.
    04-24-12 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD