Hi everyone! I am doing a project about Blackberry. I am looking for insight into Blackberry's consumers.

I would really appreciate it if you could answer some of these questions please:

For those of you with a Blackberry, why did you choose it over its competitors?

What features were you looking for? How does it fit into your lifestyle?

What are your attitudes toward the brand, and in general?

What needs does your Blackberry fulfill?

How are you involved with the brand?

And, most importantly, how do you perceive the brand?

Thank you in advance!!

Apkafe
    01-19-20 09:40 PM
    Hi everyone! I am doing a project about Blackberry. I am looking for insight into Blackberry's consumers.

I would really appreciate it if you could answer some of these questions please:

Thank you in advance!!

Apkafe
    Just to be sure, you're aware that BlackBerry got out of the device business over 3 years ago, started licencing the brand-name to TCL in China (who then made and sold a few devices), and that even TCL is no longer producing any more devices?
    01-19-20 09:55 PM

Thank you in advance!!

Apkafe
    A story about BlackBerry devices' demise could better suit your project at this point.
    01-20-20 01:32 AM
    Once brilliant

Then bad

Now gone
    01-20-20 08:23 AM

Thank you in advance!!

Apkafe
    BlackBerry hasn’t been in the phone business for three years now. BlackBerry Mobile is a totally different company owned by TCL and just licensed the BlackBerry name.
    01-20-20 09:05 AM
    The party is over!
    01-20-20 08:55 PM
    In response to the OP I perceive the BlackBerry brand as one that once owned all things secure in the smartphone handset business. I own almost every Physical Keyboard device produced since my Curve 9000. If you were in the corporate world in in '07-08 a BlackBerry was a sign of trust and somewhat importance and it enabled one to break free from a desk for mobile communications. In '15 BlackBerry moved away from its own secure BlackBerry 10 operating system and embraced Android to provide users with access to the Google Play Store and applications. In '16 BlackBerry released a phone designed by Alcatel/TCL and branded it DTEK (the 50 and 60). I bit and bought the cheaper version to try out the experience. There were some nice attributes but the battery life was poor on the 50 and they completely failed to support the device with OS system updates. Security patches yes but NO OS Updates. I left the brand for Samsung and a better, more supported all touch device. In '17 TCL built a BlackBerry branded KeyOne device bringing back the beloved Physical Keyboard. It had some great attributes such as battery life, capacitive touch keyboard and keyboard shortcuts. Most unfortunately it suffered screen lift issues on early models and some had memory issues with 3GB of Ram. in early '18 an upgraded version of the KeyOne was released in Black and Bronze variants with 4GB of Ram. Also in mid '18 BlackBerry Mobile (TCL built and BlackBerry branded) released a Key2 with even more RAM and a more spacious PKB. In October of '18 and Key2 LE (less expensive hybrid of KeyOne and Key2) was released. I came back to BlackBerry on a sale in January '19 and purchased a "Black Edition BlackBerry KeyOne" . It has been an excellent smartphone for my needs with a physical keyboard. I get exceptional battery life and the phone operating system has been glitch free for me. My only negative perception of the BlackBerry brand stems from their lessor support of devices in comparison to the likes of Samsung, Apple, Pixel and Android One devices. It's my belief any and all smartphone producers and the OS they run on should be supported for @ 5-6 years like a desktop or Chromebook. Anything else to me as I mature and get older is wasteful and too costly.
    rarsen likes this.
    01-20-20 09:17 PM
    Long live BlackBerry.......
    01-20-20 10:17 PM
    Long live BlackBerry.......
    You’re supposed to say “BlackBerry is dead” then “long live BlackBerry” per RIM tradition...
    01-20-20 10:37 PM
    You’re supposed to say “BlackBerry is dead” then “long live BlackBerry” per RIM tradition...
    I stand corrected.....
    01-20-20 10:54 PM
    BlackBerry is the best choice for me as long as I can use it. The jump to android disappointed me, but I have the KeyOne after having also used the Aurora and think android BB is way better than android non-BB. I want my keyboard, and have had no problems with my KeyOne (4g + 64G Black). It is very cool and sturdy for me.

I don't feel like swimming uphill with all the BB10 workarounds since I got used to using android, it was fine as long as my browser used to be able to handle most anything. I still wish for a full-powered Bold-sized phone. Then I would just use a second full screen phone when I want a karger screen.

Hey, the world of BlackBerry has been full of surprises, Could Happen. What is old can be new again like vinyl. Who'dah Thunk?
    01-20-20 11:04 PM
    I stand corrected.....
    ....or you fell for that...like countless others.. :-)
    01-21-20 02:04 PM
    Blackberry....awesome brand....BBOS all about the keyboard compact discreet-messaging. BB10 all about the basic flow and everything else, plus the keyboard. Android? All about the data slurping? Apple? all about doing it Apples' way only - What's wrong with you? you don't need that, iHave spoken.. :-)
    01-21-20 02:12 PM