I am hoping for some good ideas on the best way to keep track of all my to-do's. Right now, I use the calendar by entering tasks and appts, etc on the calendar so I will have one list where everything is. I even make some notes there. But it seems like there ought to be a better way rather than clogging up time slots with tasks.
    What do y'all do?
    Yes, I'm from the South!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 09:15 PM
    I usually either do what you do, or I sync my BB with my mac via pocketmac.

03-16-09 10:44 PM
    I use the calendar for everything.

03-17-09 08:00 AM
    i use the calendar for everything too.
    03-17-09 08:01 AM
    You could try MaraTick (google it for the OTA link) or another program like that. It's great for to-do lists.
    03-17-09 08:08 AM
    I use Google calendar for pretty much everything, and have it sync to my BB automatically.
    03-17-09 09:12 AM
    I also use the BB calendar for everything. Timeslots for appts. etc and check off "all day event" for to dos. I'd be lost w/out the calendar!
    03-17-09 09:16 AM
    I use the calendar for everything.

Me as well.

03-17-09 09:17 AM
    Yes, I know that I have am amazing blackberry, but for some reason I use the same filofax-type thing I have since graduating from highschool.

03-17-09 09:24 AM
    I'm totally a calendar person. And I set the pop up reminder to give me plenty of advance to complete the task.
    03-17-09 09:26 AM
    I have a "Wife" (Version 1.0)... that's pretty much how I track my "to-do's".
    03-17-09 09:31 AM
    i use the to-do list and just turned on the option that merged my to-do list with the calendar
    03-17-09 09:31 AM
    Yea I use the calendar as well.
    03-17-09 09:32 AM
    ha ha ha, too true
    03-17-09 09:35 AM

That poses a problem for those of us that posses "Single" (Version 3.0 or higher) though
    03-17-09 10:46 AM
    i guess im in the rare catagory of pushy fiance, just updated to version 2.0 though.
    03-17-09 10:48 AM
    You could try MaraTick (google it for the OTA link) or another program like that. It's great for to-do lists.
    Thx Michelle. I have looked at Mara Tick a while back and ruled it out. Think maybe it just seemed cumbersome. I will chk it out again though. Sounds like everyone here uses the calendar. They might as well not have a task module on our bb's! I liked the idea of chking all day for the tasks...hmm...except u wldnt get a reminder during the day.

03-17-09 05:45 PM
    Hahaha! That's cute! However, I AM the Wife. Maybe I missed that class that taught us how to get dear hubby to do everything! Lol. Seems like I am always fielding HIS lists!

Sounds like everyone uses the calendar. Wonder why they made that somewhat ineffective Task module? Who knows...

Thanks to all!!!

03-17-09 06:03 PM
    Well, coming from the Palm world and GTD (www dot davidco.com), and being new to my BB, I'm still looking at ways to optimally do task management. Putting it on the calendar is fine if you only have a handful of tasks and not much to track, but anything beyond that gets to be unwieldy. I have seen good things written about NextAction!, TaskPro, and Tasks (I forget the exact name right now). I long for my Palm apps like Bonsai and LifeBalance. Until I find something equivalent, I'll probably stick to Bonsai on my desktop synced to Outlook and to my BB Tasks.
    03-17-09 08:52 PM
    In my last job I used the Tasks synced to Outlook.

Now things are simpler and I use just a simple text list on the Memo Pad, also with a bit of calendar.
    03-17-09 09:36 PM
    I use ToDo Matrix by RexWirless and its been great for my needs.

03-17-09 09:40 PM
    I use the calendar...no problemo!
    03-17-09 09:44 PM
    I use Google calendar for pretty much everything, and have it sync to my BB automatically.
    Been doing the same.

follow me on Twitter / krisztibi

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
    Never regret anything that made you smile.
    03-17-09 09:47 PM
    I use:

BB Calendar/ Google Calendar.

I also use RTMBB: rtm4bb - Google Code for tasks.
    03-17-09 09:56 PM
    I have all my calendars (2 from emails, 1 from home pc) that all sync to my bb. EVERYTHING I do is in my bb (I'm talking down to "Leave home")
    03-17-09 10:47 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD