Hello to all,

I'm just curious about how other Pearl users hold their phones while typing. Sometimes when I text a lot, my hands cramp up. I'm looking/hoping for advice to remedy that (besides not texting too much ).

Currently, I hold the phone primarily in my left hand (pinky on the bottom of the phone) and place my right fingers between the spaces of the left fingers so they are touching but not really supporting the phone.

I've tried to switch my holding position slightly so that my right hand is holding the left hand which is holding the phone (Did you get that?). This means that my right hand doesn't touch the phone at all, except for the thumbs of course. Not sure I like this position though.

Any suggestions?

How many people type with just one hand and how easy is this to do? I'm a typist, so speed is important to me.

Thanks in advance,

Tracy
    01-26-11 06:24 PM
    when i had mine, i held it with both hands typing with my thumbs
    01-26-11 06:27 PM
    lol my lefts hands never touched the phone... and I've never had any problems.
    01-26-11 06:29 PM
    Two hands, the wide keys are optimized for Thumbs.
    01-26-11 11:03 PM
    Two hands, the wide keys are optimized for Thumbs.
    I upgraded to a Style recently but had to return it due to call quality issues. Now that I'm back with my old Pearl, I see how the wide keys make a difference in how fast and accurately I type. I've never liked any full qwerty keyboard except the 7290. I wanted the Style because it was a flip.

It was all for the best I suppose. I'm pretty sure now that when next I upgrade, it'll be a Pearl--or at least a phone where a condensed qwerty is an option. SureType can be frustrating at times, but not more frustrating than tiny keys.

Thanks to everyone for their current and future responses.
    01-27-11 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD