I ordered an 8120 from T-Mo to replace my 8110, which I got working again (long story don't ask). Until I figure out what i want to do with them, which is probably sell them both when the Javelin comes out, How do I go about using both. I want to have identical devices that I can just switch the SIM back and forth. One for the GPS and the other for wi-fi. Mostly just playing around until I can get a device with both. So my questions are will the BIS know the difference and be able to push my email to either device. And second does Switch Devices in DM wipe the first device? If you have or do use two BB's your advice/insight would be appreciated.
    09-30-08 03:54 PM
    You'd have to log onto BIS and switch the pins everytime you switched the sim.

Use a backup on one berry and use restore on the second. No need to worry about being erased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 04:09 PM
    Does switch device move over third party apps?
    09-30-08 06:07 PM
    You'd have to log onto BIS and switch the pins everytime you switched the sim.

Use a backup on one berry and use restore on the second. No need to worry about being erased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

where on the BIS is there an option to switch the pin?
    09-30-08 06:25 PM
    It's there three selections up from send service books. Looks easy just has the first PIN and a box for the one you wan't to change it to. Should be a minor inconvenience.
    Last edited by pltaylor; 09-30-08 at 06:30 PM.
    09-30-08 06:27 PM
    It's there three selections up from send service books
    i'll take a look and pos a screen shot in a bit
    09-30-08 06:28 PM

sorry its a little big
    09-30-08 06:32 PM
    So does anyone know if third party apps will transfer over as well with DM switch device?
    09-30-08 07:12 PM
    Does switch device move over third party apps?
    IIRC yes
    09-30-08 07:17 PM
    Most 3rd party apps will come over, but if any of them use your
    PIN for the registration (EmPower for example) you will not be able
    to fully register it.
    09-30-08 07:28 PM
    So does anyone know if third party apps will transfer over as well with DM switch device?
    They should bro, but you know how the Dm can be. Just back them up separately that way if you ever lose them you can restore them.
    09-30-08 07:31 PM
    The cloning went well. I now have two exact devices except for a Golf game that was registered via PIN. Having wi-fi is SWEET! It's blazing fast. I wish EDGE could move like that.
    10-01-08 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD