My company Blackberry Curve 8330 has security enabled including a password. They have disabled the MMS feature and prevent some downloads. Anyone know a way around it? I appreciate the help!
    12-10-09 05:03 PM
    Buy your own Blackberry. Seriously, anything you do to get around the security policy will itself be logged - and trying to circumvent IT policy is typically frowned upon by employers.
    12-10-09 05:07 PM
    I understand that but there are a couple of apps Id like to download but cant due to the password. Its not that Im trying to do anything illegal with it but if Im going to be required to carry it Id like to have it user friendly.
    12-10-09 05:11 PM
    Talk to your IT department. Ask them to download the app for you. If it's harmless, they might.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 05:13 PM
    Even if you do manage to get the IT Policy removed, it will just get put back on. IT Policies are applied at set intervals.. there's nothing you can do except ask the IT department.
    12-10-09 05:17 PM
    messing with the IT policy could be grounds for termination. so definitely speak to them before messing with the phone.
    12-10-09 05:30 PM
    Corporate security must be important to them or they would have given you an iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 05:46 PM
    Don't try to circumvent the IT policy, it's usually frowned upon by employers. Better befriend the IT guy and get it done by him.
    12-10-09 10:56 PM
    Work for a cooler company?
    12-11-09 02:29 AM
    I understand that but there are a couple of apps Id like to download but cant due to the password. Its not that Im trying to do anything illegal with it but if Im going to be required to carry it Id like to have it user friendly.
    Yes, you basically are.

It's against your company policy. And it's their device. You need to get it cleared through them. Or get your own device.
    12-11-09 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD