I've searched, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Perhaps I didn't use the correct search terms.

Here's my issue.
    I've organized my BlackBerry contacts into categories on my device. When I sync my BlackBerry to Outlook, the category each contact is assigned to is correct. My only issue is that I'm unable to change it to another category within Outlook. Also, if I add a new contact in Outlook that I would like to have synced with my BlackBerry, I haven't found a way to add it to the many categories I've created on my BlackBerry.
    It's as if the categories from my BlackBerry do not become a part of Outlook.
    I'm hoping it's just something simple that I'm overlooking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 06:18 AM
    You must be missing something, as I used outlook to build all of my catagories, and have added catagories to contacts created on both the BB and the PC.

I used OS4.7 and Outlook 2007 when I was doing so.
    07-18-10 06:26 AM
    Make sure that all of your categories and in the Master Category list in Outlook.
    07-18-10 06:57 AM
    You must be missing something, as I used outlook to build all of my catagories, and have added catagories to contacts created on both the BB and the PC.

I used OS4.7 and Outlook 2007 when I was doing so.
    I have Outlook 2007 as well. When I click on Category at the top toolbar, or if I click the Category field on one of my contacts in Outlook, it just gives me the option to set it as a category by color.
    Should I be looking under a different menu for that option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 09:26 AM
    check your sync options in dm you may be missing something
    07-18-10 12:47 PM
    check your sync options in dm you may be missing something
    The category fields are synced over to Outlook just fine I guess. The only thing is that I don't know how to edit them. For instance I haven't figure out how to edit a contact that has "Business" listed as it's category I created, and being able to change it to something like "Personal Contacts".
    When I click on the Category in Outlook, it just toggle between Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, and Yellow.
    07-18-10 01:12 PM
    I came across this thread online that I used to get Outlook to add my categories to the Master List.

Lack of Master category list. in Outlook 2007
    07-18-10 03:03 PM
    Now that I have the category issue fixed. Now I'm on to my next question.

Can Outlook be customized to match the BlackBerry contact fields?

On my BlackBerry I have 7 fields to add phone numbers, and a field for PIN #

In Outlook in only show 4 fields for phone numbers, and none for PIN #
    07-18-10 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD