04-05-10 06:06 AM
78 123 ...
tools
    What's up guys so hopefully the topic says it all. Me and some friends got into one of those why are we talking about this conversations concerning the way people carry their Blackberry's, and wondered how do our crackberry friends carry their smartphone? Either in your hand (the I don't want to miss a thing carry), the pocket (the I just don't give a ... Carry), or in the holster (the businessman, or woman carry) how do you carry your Blackberry and why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 04-02-10 at 02:44 PM.
    04-02-10 02:39 PM
    Full BSE and a Case Mate Barely There case. Normally not in my hand (never
    understood the "always in my hand" people). Pocketed when out and about.
    In charging pod when at home, office, parents home, brothers home and sitting
    on my desk at home, OFF, when I have no desire to be bothered.
    04-02-10 02:45 PM
    Ihave an invisible shield on mine and it always goes in my pocket that doesn't have my keys in it.
    04-02-10 02:48 PM
    I have some pos official rim case that stretched out within the first week I have an epik case getting mailed to me soon. I put it in my pocket. I'm a 16 yo male. Where else would I put it? Surely not a case that goes onto your belt. Now that is "uncoo" lol. At least for my age group.

04-02-10 02:49 PM
    I have a silicon case from Verizon that I use only when headed out for a night of drinking. Otherwise it's always naked in my pocket.
    04-02-10 02:55 PM
    I use the Seidio Locking Holster and put it on my Belt. Its easy to get too, its safe and wont fall out and lose it, and it protects from hits
    04-02-10 02:59 PM
    When at work I use the holster, and depending on what I'm wearing also. Any other time it's usually in an Innocase 360
    04-02-10 03:03 PM
    In my pocket covered by OEM leather pouch.

04-02-10 03:04 PM
    In my pocket with a screen protector, I switch on/off with my case.

04-02-10 03:19 PM
    my pocket... I but it in mute mode so I don't pocket dial first haha
    04-02-10 03:27 PM
    Pocket or Holster...But when @ work, Otterbox

Depends on mood
    04-02-10 03:28 PM
    I have one of those $10 Rubber(At least I think its rubber) cases. For my carrying case/holster, I'm currently using the same one that I used for my old phone. Its kind of like a leather pouch with a magnet inside of the flap so it stays shut. It clips onto my belt.

Only trouble is that it doesn't actually work with my BB(the whole holstering cut off feature). Ideally, I would like to find a case of the same form factor, and it actually worked with my BB.

I mostly keep my phone in it's holster. But I do tend to carry it in my hand a lot or leave it on my desk while I'm in class(I notice this is a common practice amongst my peers.)
    04-02-10 03:38 PM
    The OEM holster, a CaseMate, or my bra strap (don't ask!)! Depends on how I feel and what I'm wearing! LOL =)

04-02-10 03:39 PM
    In a pouch in my pocket.
    04-02-10 04:05 PM
    Epik resin case with Zagg Invisible Shield screen protector in my front pocket.
    04-02-10 04:09 PM
    I've had this same conversation with my friends as well. I work in the public for the most part, in rooms with large crowds. I've become distinctly aware of cell phone use and habits, strictly as a matter of observation. It started out with me seeing how many BB's vs. iPhones vs. Droids I was seeing, but then I began noticing how so many seem to have their phones glued to the palm of their hands. I've also observed (VERY unscientific study here, but it does seem to be consistant) that I see far more younger people (to me, anyone under the age of 40 is younger and though I'm 59, I view those my age as seeming "older") with the glued-to-the-palms than older people. Personally, I think that's pure HAZARDOUS, I'd have had a 100 insurance claims by now if I were to do that.

I'm a holster type, but then I'm a businessman. I have no desire to carry my Storm in my pocket for fear of breaking the glass and, I simply don't need that extra weight in my pants pocket, it's bad enough with car keys, change, etc. My holster is quick, easy and protective (and reduces the clumsy factor...though not entirely. Last year, with my Storm 1, I came out of the store into the parking lot when I heard a crash. I looked down and there was my beloved Storm laying face down on the asphalt. My holster had swiveled upside down and I had brushed my arm across the magnetic flap, opening it, sigh).
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-02-10 at 04:47 PM.
    04-02-10 04:12 PM
    I use the OEM leather holster clipped to my belt.
    04-02-10 04:14 PM
    In BB holster, wrapped in full Invisashield
    04-02-10 04:33 PM
    In the OEM holster
    04-02-10 04:45 PM
    first of all, its encased in an Incipio Silicrylic case with a tinted privacy screen protector (all since day one). I carry it in an OEM 9000 holster.
    04-02-10 04:51 PM
    ALWAYS on my hip. I use a body glove, sometimes I use a pouch, and very often a holster. It's probably about 40% holster 40% body glove 15% pouch and 5% otterbox.

But 100% on my hip or in my hand. Even at home it's usually on my hip, not in my pocket.
    04-02-10 04:59 PM
    In my pocket or in the leather holster hanging from my jean pocket. "In my hand"
    when I'm using it
    04-02-10 05:15 PM
    I carry it in my pocket with no case/shield. Have it locked and with nothing else in my pocket. I only use a holster at the gym.

04-02-10 05:22 PM
    I carry my berry in an otterbox defender case and holster I don't clip the holster to my belt unless at work I clip it to my pocket of if cargo shorts on the big side pocket with phone on inside only part visbile is the holster clip that way.
    Yeah I know when it come to coolness I set the standard ha

04-02-10 05:30 PM
    I carry it in my hand. I'm 15 years old in High School, people can be childish and rough. And it has happened plenty of times when someone has had their phone snatched right out of their hands in a busy hallway.

04-02-10 05:43 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD