I keep reading in threads that there is a BlackBerry built App, Link. Where u can use ur phone to access every thing on ur laptop? How does it work?

I have Link installed and running on my Asus laptop running Windows 8, and I have Files opened on my unlocked Passport running latest OS with updated android runtime. When I open all folders on phone for Asus they all show, Desktop.ini and that it. Help me figure this out!
    Last edited by mawil1013; 04-26-16 at 08:33 PM.
    04-26-16 07:41 PM
    If you have your phone set up with BlackBerry Link, you don't need any additional apps or anything. If you computer is on and connected to a network, you just open the file manager on your BlackBerry and you should see your computer show up. All of the files that you grant access to are there, just as if they were saved on your device.

It's the best.
    04-26-16 07:44 PM
    If you have your phone set up with BlackBerry Link, you don't need any additional apps or anything. If you computer is on and connected to a network, you just open the file manager on your BlackBerry and you should see your computer show up. All of the files that you grant access to are there, just as if they were saved on your device.

It's the best.
    I don't see how you can access the browser on the laptop and on my phone in all the folders for the laptop show simply desktop.ini
    04-26-16 08:08 PM
    I don't see how you can access the browser on the laptop and on my phone in all the folders for the laptop show simply desktop.ini
    You can't you access your files on your PC using the remote access. That how it works.
    04-26-16 08:50 PM
    You can't you access your files on your PC using the remote access. That how it works.
    From File Manager on my phone, when I open the folder for Desktop, it's empty except for a file called desktop.ini which shows up in all of folders. Everyone keeps saying that any program such as the browser on th laptop can be used from the phone.
    04-26-16 09:01 PM
    You can only access the files and folders on your PC. I selected my C drive in the remote access settings in link.

I have attached a screen shot.
    I click marks PC then I have access to all my files on my hard drive.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails How do you access ur laptop from phone?-img_20160426_212102.jpg  
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    04-26-16 09:31 PM
    From File Manager on my phone, when I open the folder for Desktop, it's empty except for a file called desktop.ini which shows up in all of folders. Everyone keeps saying that any program such as the browser on the laptop can be used from the phone.
    Please post of link that state "everyone".
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-26-16 09:59 PM
    You should set it up in Link first.
    In Link, under Home or Passport/your device on the left of the window, there would be Remote File Manager or similar name. Click on that to open it, then on the main window select the folders and drives you would like to access remotely.

Posted from my Passport
    04-29-16 04:47 AM
    You should set it up in Link first.
    In Link, under Home or Passport/your device on the left of the window, there would be Remote File Manager or similar name. Click on that to open it, then on the main window select the folders and drives you would like to access remotely.

Posted from my Passport
    Also make sure you're logged in to BlackBerry Link with your BBID (BlackBerry ID, which is the email you registered with)... :-)

Needs to be the same BBID that's also used on the phone. Have fun!

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    04-30-16 03:31 AM