prevent a person from knowing you read there blackberry messenger message
    03-18-09 04:40 PM
    dont read it!

Theres not a way, i have the flip and it lets me preview the message so i dont have this problem.

But im wondering if one of those preview programs (peekawho etc) could help you

Or just send them a pin instead of using bb messenger. Pins show delivered, not read.
    03-18-09 04:45 PM
    I don't believe there is a way to prevent a person from knowing whether you've read the message you've sent. I've checked the "Options" and there's nothing pertaining to showing message status.
    03-18-09 04:54 PM
    Well you can read like the first line if you view it from the messages folder but if you open it they will know. I am not sure of any other way..... Hopefully someone will know if its possible at all
    03-18-09 04:56 PM
    Yea basically what everyone has said. How does Peekawho working out? I'm thinking of testing it out.
    03-18-09 05:00 PM
    guys... he/she is talking about BBM - not a regular message.

all the preview programs don't work for the bbm as far as i know, and personally from what i have seen for bbm all you know is if the message has been delivered - not read.

okay, apparently this is different with the upgraded software... i never had the r before on the messenger.... ignore most of what i just said.
    03-18-09 06:09 PM
    Tremortality's suggestion is correct. You can go into your message folder to view the first line of the BBM.

As long as you don't actually open it from there it will not show as R.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-18-09 at 06:14 PM.
    03-18-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD