I bought the blackberry torch for the feature that it has where you can basically use it as a modem to connect a computer to the internet. I've downloaded the v6 software and it says to run the software then plug in my blackberry. After this it says to go to Tools then mobile internet options but when I go to tools ''mobile internet options'' is not there. Has anyone else tried doing this? No one can provide internet where I live so this is why I bought this phone. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 04:58 PM
    What country are you in?
    What phone service carrier are you using?
    Do you have a BlackBerry Internet Service Data Plan with your carrier?
    Does your carrier allow tethering on your plan?
    Are you getting a full data signal where you are located?
    08-29-10 09:27 AM
    Im in the U.S
    My phone service carrier is AT&T
    Yes we have an internet data plan
    They allow tethering but there is a feature where you dont have to use tethering. It's basically where your blackberry is a modem and any computer with Wifi can pick it up but you have to set it up in the blackberry software.
    And yes I have full signal where im at.
    It says in the manual for the Blackberry software v6 that u have to set up a profile for your mobile internet options but when i go to Tools where it is supposed to be, it's not there.
    08-29-10 02:25 PM
    What country are you in?
    What phone service carrier are you using?
    Do you have a BlackBerry Internet Service Data Plan with your carrier?
    Does your carrier allow tethering on your plan?
    Are you getting a full data signal where you are located?

08-29-10 08:44 PM
    Im in the U.S
    My phone service carrier is AT&T
    Yes we have an internet data plan
    They allow tethering but there is a feature where you dont have to use tethering. It's basically where your blackberry is a modem and any computer with Wifi can pick it up but you have to set it up in the blackberry software.
    And yes I have full signal where im at.
    It says in the manual for the Blackberry software v6 that u have to set up a profile for your mobile internet options but when i go to Tools where it is supposed to be, it's not there.

08-29-10 08:45 PM
    I am looking for same thing
    09-26-10 02:09 PM
    there is a program that i use for my tethering my torch 9800 to my laptop tetherbridge it is a free download for 3 days after that u can continue the free version or you can purchase the enhanced version not top notch but works good when you need it you have to install the software on blackberry and your computer no tethering plan required hope this helps
    09-26-10 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD