Got a 4GB now...want everything to save on there instead of internal memory. Tks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 04:17 PM
    Good choice on the card, but you cant save msgs on the card unfortunately.
    06-05-08 04:20 PM
    Seriously I need help here. I just bought this stupid card nd now sprint is telling me I lcan only store pics music docs and vids...no apps or msgs???

06-05-08 07:41 PM
    Yep music, video, and pictures along with word excel and powerpoint file

06-05-08 07:47 PM
    Ughh its goin back to the store.

Tks

06-05-08 07:53 PM
    There is a card reader in the crackberry store that allows you to put apps on the card and then install them when you want to use them and then uninstall and load back to your card to store them.

I think that is a little bit of a waste and I hope we see an program come out to allow you to store everything on the card.
    06-05-08 08:15 PM
    yeah it's not good but I think I am going to try and use it like a memory stick. I hear it's not good to take the micro's out often though....true? The adaptor came with it....
    06-05-08 08:31 PM
    Think of the card as a Media Card, and fill it up with your favorite tunes or vids.

06-05-08 08:51 PM
    Seriously I need help here. I just bought this stupid card nd now sprint is telling me I lcan only store pics music docs and vids...no apps or msgs???

I feel like you hate me now
    06-05-08 09:39 PM
    Does OS 4.5 or 4.6 support msgs or apps on the sd card? Doesn't matter to me as I only have a few apps and no messages that are worth saving (except some emails)
    Just curious

06-06-08 02:24 AM
    Hi GoDJ, nooooooooooo of course I don't hate ya. I actually talked to the Sprint rep before I heard that from you...I only hate HER LOL just kidding!!

I'm just disappointed because I wanted to free up some memory and I"m not someone who watches videos or downloads a lot of music...nor do I use it for business use so I don't use documents on it either.

Kind of a waste of money!!

I appreciate your response
    06-06-08 08:15 AM
    I kind of see why doing this would be handy. When it comes to email I'm a packrat. If it was worth me reading I 99.99% of the time save the email unless it was like a newsletter or some sort of daily or weekly thing I get. What about desktop manager, perhaps its possible to use it to claim old messages so they don't need to be stored on the phone but could be retained and viewed on your PC. Being new to BB myself I'm taking a stab in the dark, but if this is possible at least its an alternative until there is a software solution for use on the phone to store the messages on the card. Reading this thread has me wondering though how much space do messages take up. I personally don't like deleting all messages until I'm certain I will never need to reference them again. Obviously I would clean up old chit chat txtmsgs but because there would be ones I want to save indefinitely I set to always keep messages.
    06-07-08 07:56 AM
    For BES users, the answer is easy. You just store the messages on your desktop in Outlook post office files. That's consistent with Rim's business-user orientation. OS4.5 with Docs-to-Go is supposed to allow you to work with files on the Media Card. That should be a big help to the BIS users.
    06-07-08 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD