I'm on an att curve and I recently had the sim card replaced bc of a problrm. I noticed that none of my contacts disappeard so that leads me to believe that's they are stored on the phone and not on the sim. How can I store them on the sim. Btw I don't use the bb computer program to sync cuz I use a mac

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 09:46 PM
    From your address book, highlight the contact, press menu and view the contact. Then press menu again and choose copy to sim phone book. You will have to do this for each contact. There is no way to copy all contacts at once to the sim phone book.
    04-01-08 10:46 PM
    and only one number per contact
    04-02-08 12:44 AM
    If you use Gmail, you can sync all your contacts there, or you can use pocketmac as well, available directly from RIM...
    04-02-08 12:50 AM
    oh yeah, i have all mine synced with yahoo
    i forgot about that, i think i did it OTA also
    04-02-08 05:23 AM
    maybe a dumb question but that will also free up memory on my bb itself right?
    04-02-08 09:59 AM
    From your address book, highlight the contact, press menu and view the contact. Then press menu again and choose copy to sim phone book. You will have to do this for each contact. There is no way to copy all contacts at once to the sim phone book.
    8830, here. I don't see any option to copy to the sim phone book. (I do have a verizon sim card in there). I can manually select data (roll track ball over it) and copy that way but that really would be tedious!
    04-02-08 11:42 AM
    maybe a dumb question but that will also free up memory on my bb itself right?
    no just backs up your addresses in case you lose them or break your phone
    sim card doesnt do a thorough job of saving your info

8830, here. I don't see any option to copy to the sim phone book. (I do have a verizon sim card in there). I can manually select data (roll track ball over it) and copy that way but that really would be tedious!
    how can you have a verizon sim card
    isnt that an oxymoron
    i dont know i am asking
    04-02-08 06:39 PM
    The 8830 is their WORLD EDITION. So there is a slot under the battery where you can insert a sim card (at least, I think that is what it is). With it, you may use the phone in Europe on that other "network or frequency." It does not with with US carriers using that other mechanism.
    04-02-08 08:10 PM
    Yeah but you still wouldn't have a "verizon sim card" would you?

04-03-08 12:13 AM
    I believe it is (anyone else out there?? (G))... I got it when I got the phone. That way I would be prepared to travel (once the Euro drops in value!). Apparently, they have a tie in with some European service but you can get more generic sim cards, too.

It came with a wallet card of some sort (still in the box) with some contact numbers/info on it and the sim was populated with a verizon phone contact number. From the Contact app, I can do an Menu (option) and switch to that card.
    04-03-08 12:39 AM
    Huh. Interesting
    I know its a hybrid phone with gsm/cdma capabilities but I didn't know they included a verizon sim card also.
    Good info, thank you

04-03-08 12:57 AM
    Yeah, I was wondering about backing up my contacts on my SIM card. It really sucks when your phone breaks and you lose everything. Is there an easy way to do it then? Or is syncing your only option?

04-03-08 01:32 AM
    Back up and restore from desktop manager.
    04-03-08 01:39 AM
    How do I sync my address book with Yahoo?
    10-28-08 02:42 PM
    My bb doesn't show the copy to sim phonebook option...?
    11-25-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD