Hello community.I have the 8350i on boost unlimited no issues. I decided to try and synch my laptop with built in bluetooth with my BB. I have the BB set to be able to be found.. I have my Bluetooth switch on my computer on..I go to control panel click the bluetooth icon and it opens with no devices found..I choose add new device and none are listed or are found?? I looked in my device manager and have no exclamation points. I dont see any rim bluetooth stuff all thats in my bluetooth devices are as follows
    Bluetooth RFBNEP
    Bluetooth RFBUS
    Bluetooth RFCOMM
    Bluetooth RFHID
    Bluetooth USB Controller (Alps/UGPZ6)

Thats all thats there. I have a sony vaio running windows visat home latest service pack and I updated blackberry desktop manager 3 weeks ago..any help or ideas would be appreciated
    02-27-10 09:11 PM
    I believe you need to put the phone in discovery mode and then within a 45-60 second period hit find on your Vista bluetooth. If bluetooth is on in the phone you should see your LED indicator flash blue when a connection is established. You may be prompted on the phone whether to accept the invitation from the Vista computer. If you do not, it will drop the connection automatically within 30 seconds of the prompt appearing. Once they are paired you should be able to use Desktop Manager to sync via bluetooth.
    02-27-10 09:45 PM
    I believe Fletch did say the BB was set to be found, any who, Fletch, did you install BB DM? I believe you need the drivers from that install or try searching the Blackberry site for drivers.
    02-27-10 11:02 PM
    I believe Fletch did say the BB was set to be found, any who, Fletch, did you install BB DM? I believe you need the drivers from that install or try searching the Blackberry site for drivers.
    I understand that, I was attempting to point out that it only stays in discovery for a short period of time. If it doesn't link within a minute, it gives up and turns off discovery. I do believe you are correct though, Desktop Manager needs to be loaded for the drivers to install first.
    02-27-10 11:58 PM
    Thanks so far for the replies.Yes the phone is in discovery mode and it satys in discovery mode it does not go away unless I go back in and select no for discovery mode I checked that a few times. Yes I do have desktop manager installed version is 5.0.1. In desktop manager if I go to options and choose connection options my onl;y choice is usb as all the bluetooth options are greyed out and not selectable. My bluetooth head set works with the phone fine and I borrowed a bluetooth mouse today and my laptop finds it without issue. Just seems to be the phone isnt detected by the computer anyone have a direct link to rims bluetooth drivers I would need for the BB 8350i? I just found out boost unlimited will let you use cdma sprint network also so I may abandon my 8350 and go with an htc hero on boost if I cant get this all figured.Thanks again for the ideas and any future ideas..
    02-28-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD