BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.174 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 4.5.0.174
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.124
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.92
    * File name: 8320EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel174_PL2.7.0.92_A4.5.0.124 _Indosat.exe
    * File size: 87.99MB

does software platform has to do with anything???

cuz on my phone its something different, or thats with the os?

also maybe cuz my phone was unlocked??
    02-01-09 04:18 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. I am running the exact software. Yes that's just the build of the OS Unlocked shouldn't make any difference since it only allows you to use the device on other gsm networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 04:51 PM
    can you come up with something else, ur been a big help
    02-01-09 10:38 PM
    Kretus, when you used crackmem, and you select the OS you want to load and the delete vendor file, are you using the wipe my berry key? When you do that, it should start loading the OS automatically. Have you tried it?

It isn't mentioned in the helpfile, but it should work for you. Just remember that once your PC says the OS load has finished, your berry will still have the hourglass running. It will go for a while so don't pull your battery and interrupt it. Your setup screen should pop up when your berry is updated. Then remember to send your service books when it is done.
    Last edited by exelant; 02-01-09 at 10:53 PM.
    02-01-09 10:46 PM
    Kretus, when you used crackmem, and you select the OS you want to load and the delete vendor file, are you using the wipe my berry key? When you do that, it should start loading the OS automatically. Have you tried it?

no?? do i have to?
    02-01-09 10:51 PM
    Yes it is a great way, just make sure the OS is listed on the left and you select it. You will need to type brickmyberry with the right caps, then select the apps you want installed - select what you want and let it load your os.it works .

Last edited by exelant; 02-01-09 at 10:58 PM.
    02-01-09 10:55 PM
    Make sure the OS you want to load is listed on the left, you will put a check next to it then check the OS check box bottom left, then wipe my berry, then select the apps you want in the loader screen - it will have a long list of apps so be sure you use the slide to check everything in the box. Good Luck.

02-01-09 11:02 PM
    Make sure the OS you want to load is listed on the left, you will put a check next to it then check the OS check box bottom left, then wipe my berry, then select the apps you want in the loader screen - it will have a long list of apps so be sure you use the slide to check everything in the box. Good Luck.

failed again

in crackmem i only checked delete vendor and all, except aim,msn facebook,

and in aplication loader i didnt check anything, only 4.5 and phone was checked
    02-01-09 11:09 PM
    I don't know what you're doing. When you are in crack mem and check the OS you want on the left, you go to the wipemyberry button and type what it says to start the wipe. You won't go back to DM, it will wipe and immediately strat the OS load. You won't be in the DM.

02-01-09 11:15 PM
    i did exactly what u said

i wasnt in dm when i typed wipemyberry, application loader started and then i failed
    02-01-09 11:20 PM
    You might not be ready to upgrade my friend. It shouldn't be this hard, and I'm not ripping you or anything. Sometimes one needss to learn a bit more before upgrading. I will post the instructions I usually give to beginners for the easiest way to upgrade. They include using the 101 method. It is the easiest way. Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry.
    To upgrade the most easy way: find the link to the OS for your device in the CB stickys or through a google search or at a rim site.
    You will then follow the link to your device's OS download page.The blackberry download page will have a dropdown menu that will contain several different device software files. Click on your device and then click on download the OS for your handheld. When it starts to download, select save and not run. Save it to your PC's desktop.
    Once it has downloaded. Don't do anything yet, you need to get a copy of desktop manager 4.6. It is the same process, go to the stickies and fid the DM software link and go get version 4.6 without Media manager and download it to your pc, make sure to save and not run. I also recommend 4.6 dm instead of 4.7 because some people have had trouble with 4.7.
    Once you have both apps saved to your PC, you will need to install them to your pc. First step is to install desktop manager. Doubleclick on the file and start the installation process. Once it has installed, plug your device in, start desktop manager and then start backup restore and make a backup copy.
    Next unplug your device and double click on your device's OS file to install it to your PC. Then follow the link below to the 101 install guide and follow it to install your OS. There's a couple things to pay close attention to. Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. Remember OS's are matched to the device, not provider. That means the 4.5 avaliable for your device will probably be from a different company than yours. Also DO NOT unplug until it says it is done. If you do, you will turn your device into a paper weight.
    Once it starts upgrading, go away for an hour and do not watch it. It will look like it is hung up on the connection screen, it isn't so just wait. It can take up to 2 hours - but will probably take a half hour. Also make sure you make sure you follow the instructions to make sure there is a check in the box to backup your berry's settings and 3rd party apps. You will also need to delete the vendor xlm file before up upgrade or DM will not see your upgrade.
    Like I said, it's an easy process. Once it is done, you will be sent through the device set up screens. Do them all, it'll be like when you first turned your device on. You can say no to set up email if you already have set up your email. These fikes will come back.The last thing you'll need to do is send service books to turn on your HTML emai and get your email info back on your device.
    Good luck, it's an easy process. Follow the instructions step by step and you'll be fine.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.
    Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-operating-system-os
    Last edited by exelant; 02-01-09 at 11:32 PM.
    02-01-09 11:24 PM
    i did exactly what u said

i wasnt in dm when i typed wipemyberry, application loader started and then i failed
    Then there must be something wrong woth your device that prevents it from upgrading. I don't know any reason for it to fail - this is the first time I have seen it fail. Sorry

02-01-09 11:27 PM
    well i can only use 4.2

and when i try 4.5 i always get unable to reconnect during a multi stage load operation
    02-01-09 11:43 PM
    My last suggestion is to uninstall th 4.5 DM and the OS on your PC, download, save and install 4.6 DM and a fresh copy of the OS. Then try again. Make sure you save these files and then install after they have downloaded. Good luck.

02-01-09 11:55 PM
    I know this might be a stupid question but....you are leaving the battery in the device right? It seems your getting to the point where it needs to reload and it wont start.
    02-02-09 06:52 AM
    right now im using

8320M_PBr4.2.2_rel321_PL2.5.0.33_A4.2.2.175_CSL

which is Hong Kong CSL

and i got bb curve from hong kong, from ebay

maybe i need 4.5 os hong kong
    02-02-09 10:34 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD