Hi, I been enjoying my bb now for a couple month and finally have a abit time to myself to try make it compatible with my PC so I can transfer music and pictures.

(just to let you know) I dont look after things.

Ive found the wire and connected the phone to pc... it installed some files, but now after I click on my removable disk (d drive) its saying enter CD.

Did it come with a CD? I have no idea.

If I need to download anything else for it to work are they available to download online??....or is it something else what ive messed up on?

Thanks for your time and help x
    07-27-10 07:47 AM
    What you need to do is install the Desktop Manager, to install the drivers that your phone needs to talk to the computer.

you can install via this link BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

Also what you can do is /on the phone/ go to options > memory > and make sure the Mass media is turned on w/o the prompt. and when you plug it in to the computer it'll pick up your phone as a flash drive.

Just make sure the music has been converted to mp3.
    07-27-10 07:58 AM
    You dont need a CD. Just Unplug it, may be its a one time error, if the error keeps coming every time try changing your cabe (wire).
    07-27-10 08:00 AM
    Yea it did come with a disk. You can just search for Desktop Manager in google and you'll find it.
    07-27-10 08:06 AM
    1st answer... Great, thanks. Have a nice day.
    07-27-10 08:40 AM
    I edited the thread titled to make it more descriptive of the issue and thus more helpful to the next person with the samew issue.
    07-27-10 09:09 AM
    1st answer... Great, thanks. Have a nice day.
    No problem, glad i could help .
    07-27-10 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD