I am on a BES at work, and have all of my contacts on Outlook that is synchronized with corporate server. I am leaving my company soon and they will most likely try to wipe my bb clean. Is there anyway to save my 239 personal contacts to my laptop before I leave the company? And then reload to my BB Storm2. I am not interested in saving emails, just my contacts.
    Thanks.
    12-02-09 07:39 PM
    easiest is with Outlook. Export to a pst file. Then import them into Outlook on your home machine and sync them over with DM.
    12-02-09 09:25 PM
    Yes it is possible. You have to open your contacts on your BB then go to options and change wireless sync to "no". Then connect your BB to your computer and run the software. Set your sync to pull contacts from the phone and sync. Then you will want to go back into your contact options in your phone and change the wireless sync option back to "yes" to continue syncing to your BES. Hope this helps...
    12-03-09 12:44 AM
    Forgot to mention that this process will also work with email and calendar if you so desired. Just change the wireless sync option to "no" for each application before you try to sync or you will get an error when you conect to the computer. Don't forget to change it back again to stay on BES.
    12-03-09 12:46 AM
    You could always yell at your computer.
    12-03-09 12:54 AM
    Export your contacts in Outlook as a CSV file (Comma Separated Values)
    It can be read by any text editor or spread sheet program like Notepad, Word, Excel or the free versions of Open Office Writer or Calc.

Just about any mail program like Outlook, Notes, Entourage, etc., has the capability to import a csv.

If you export it as a .pst you're limiting yourself to Outlook/MS Products.
    CSV is a much more standard file format.

It will be a very, very small file (my detailed 500+ contacts is less than 100KB) as a csv as well. You can even import the csv into outlook express which is free and bundled with Windows up till Vista.

Here you go.

How to Export Your Outlook Contacts to a CSV File - About Email
    12-03-09 05:13 AM
    Something I happened to think about this morning on the way in to work: Are you legally allowed to take your work contacts with you? A lot of sales jobs have verbiage in your employment agreement about taking clients with you when you leave.
    12-03-09 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD