i love my friends and family but i hate it when they ask to use my bb!!!
    anyways what im tryin to figure out is what is the best way to say NO with out looking like a selfish bb addict
    02-08-08 12:40 PM
    Try this one:

"Get your own!"
    02-08-08 12:43 PM
    So funny that you posted something about this. My best friend never used to look through my phone or anything and now everytime we are together she grabs my blackberry and reads my emails and txt msgs! I'm always like oh what are you doing and she admits to reading everything I say to all my friends. Then after she reads everything she can, she says she doesnt know how to use it but thinks it is kind of cool hands it back to me and then grabs it again 30 mins later.

Not only a blackberry invasion, but a privacy invasion too. It really bugs the crap out of me but I can never be mean so I dont know how to say STOP GOING THROUGH MY STUFF and give me back my baby!
    02-08-08 12:48 PM
    Tell them its personal like underwear and toothbrushes, some things you just dont share.
    Now i will give them a great sales pitch on how they should get their own.
    No one plays w/ my phone not even my kids. Call me selfish but I think that everyone is entitled to have something all their own that no one else should touch.
    02-08-08 12:57 PM
    Set the password on it, and lock it when you aren't using it.
    02-08-08 01:00 PM
    Good call! You would think I would have thought of that already.
    02-08-08 01:13 PM
    Good call! You would think I would have thought of that already.
    So what're you gonna answer them later? because they are gonna ask for your password anyway...hahaha...
    02-08-08 01:32 PM
    So what're you gonna answer them later? because they are gonna ask for your password anyway...hahaha...
    aww nuts good point. now what to do? hide my bberry? i'd miss it too much!
    02-08-08 01:50 PM
    I had to hand over my BB 3 time so far today! Ah! Thank the lord I remembered to put the skin on today!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 02:34 PM
    That's what I do...I have confidential information on mine (client info), so I keep it passworded when I'm out of the house or office...keeps my family out of it!
    02-08-08 02:48 PM
    I would tell them I cant coz theres work info on it thats not suppose to be public knowledge
    02-08-08 02:59 PM
    They'll ask you the password and if you don't tell them you'll look like "a selfish BB addict".

Tell them that it has finger-print recognition to avoid other people using it, the only way for them to have a go is for you to hold it and control the trackball.

People won't use your BB and it will look pretty darn good!
    02-08-08 03:14 PM
    Even simpler, ask to see their POS phone at the same time, and scroll through it and make a couple of calls to another friend on their phone. Make some degrading comments about how bad their phone is, etc., hard to use, bad volume, etc.

They will ask for it back really quick, and it probably won't happen again.
    02-08-08 03:17 PM
    I would tell them I cant coz theres work info on it thats not suppose to be public knowledge
    I like this answer!

P.S. I can't stop laughing at your avatar!
    02-08-08 03:36 PM
    They'll ask you the password and if you don't tell them you'll look like "a selfish BB addict".
    That's when I follow up with scrimp212's response of having confidential client information, so I have to keep the BB locked.
    02-08-08 03:40 PM
    Hmm. This gets me thinking (or some might think NOT thinking) but since I'm new to the 8830, is there a way to password protect some aspects of the device. That is allow someone to use the "CELL PHONE" but not go delving into other areas. I guess one could hide icons but if the borrower knows about that.....
    02-08-08 04:02 PM
    I would tell them about the Share The Love Contest
    02-08-08 06:58 PM
    I generally avoid people that annoy me...and that would annoy me.
    02-08-08 07:02 PM
    "Hide outgoing messages" has saved me more times than I know that and having nicknames for most of my close friends. I tried the locking ordeal but it annoyed me way too much.

02-08-08 07:04 PM
    How about "you're envading my private space". What would I do? Simply say- NO, GET YOUR OWN BERRY! If not, let it be known - You Break it; You Bought It!!

02-08-08 07:09 PM
    can you do this out of the box?
    02-08-08 07:21 PM
    yep. you can have it lock in holster and also out.
    02-08-08 07:29 PM
    Don't worry about how you will come off looking, just say NO!! You bought it and they didn't, oh well!!!!!!

02-08-08 07:47 PM
    How about "you're envading my private space". What would I do? Simply say- NO, GET YOUR OWN BERRY! If not, let it be known - You Break it; You Bought It!!
    You know that, You Break it, You Bought It thing works for me everytime, plus it cost $500 stops them in there tracks.
    Last edited by PHX8320ddp; 02-08-08 at 10:04 PM.
    02-08-08 08:09 PM
    I like this answer!

P.S. I can't stop laughing at your avatar!
    lol thanx
    02-08-08 08:32 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD