05-27-10 02:36 AM
35 12
tools
    When you register it with the network it does just what dvdfan says. Look in my sig for proper upgrade/downgrade...that will help you with your install of the new OS. Feel free to keep ask for help if you need it.
    12-31-08 05:16 PM
    So I used to be able to lock my screen by pressing and holding the button on the top of my curve. Now, this doesn't work. It seems like it was deactivated somehow. Does anyone know how to turn this back on?
    02-07-09 08:52 PM
    A quick follow up, I did some research on the Web and it mentioned editing the settings, but I couldn't find a settings icon, just the settings underneath options, and that didn't seem to work.
    02-08-09 10:26 AM
    I still haven't been able to fix my blackberry. It used to be that when I held down the mute button on the top of the blackberry it would lock the screen. That doesn't work anymore.

Also, when I try to go into the media application it just shows my background and nothing else. Does anyone know what I can do to fix either of these?
    02-11-09 09:33 AM
    So it seems that what I'm trying to do is set the Convenience Key for the mute button. I can see in the Options>Screen/Keyboard> they have the Right Side Convenience Key Opens: and Left Side Convenience Key Opens, they are set as Camera and Voice Dialing respectively. However, I can't find out where the "Top Side Convenience Key Opens" option is for the Mute button. I want to set this back as the screen lock.

I also see on the Media screen it only brings up my pictures whereas before I had more options.
    02-12-09 10:54 PM
    My phone isn't going into standby mode again. Does anyone know how to fix this? I should be able to hit the mute button at the top of my phone and it will go into standby mode.
    04-25-09 08:47 PM
    Do everyone's favorite battery pull, as in while the phone is on pull the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in, could take a minute or two to power back on, that should solve the issue.

Welcome to CB
    04-25-09 08:49 PM
    Both my fiance and I got Curve 8530s running on Verizon. Per the Options>About info somehow we have different OS

Mine: v5.0.0.508 (Platform 4.2.0.230)
    Hers: v5.0.0.337 (Platform 4.2.0.136)

I have downloaded Opera Mini, but she hasn't. The issue that I'm having is that for some reason the red sox mobile site looks completely different on her phone then on mine. Hers goes directly to a mobile site when she puts in redsox.com, mine doesn't.

I've also tried to download the app to my phone, and it brings me to an app world download page where i can select the app, and e-mail a direct link to my e-mail address. When I click the link in the e-mail it brings me to a page with a link "Get it Now", and that brings me back to the link where i can send it to my e-mail address again - thus making it impossible for me to get.

I assume I have an higher operating system than she does, yet it works fine on hers. Is there an upgrade or a downgrade that I can perform to get these things to work?
    05-23-10 11:44 AM
    Both my fiance and I got Curve 8530s running on Verizon. Per the Options>About info somehow we have different OS

Mine: v5.0.0.508 (Platform 4.2.0.230)
    Hers: v5.0.0.337 (Platform 4.2.0.136)

I have downloaded Opera Mini, but she hasn't. The issue that I'm having is that for some reason the red sox mobile site looks completely different on her phone then on mine. Hers goes directly to a mobile site when she puts in redsox.com, mine doesn't.

I've also tried to download the app to my phone, and it brings me to an app world download page where i can select the app, and e-mail a direct link to my e-mail address. When I click the link in the e-mail it brings me to a page with a link "Get it Now", and that brings me back to the link where i can send it to my e-mail address again - thus making it impossible for me to get.

I assume I have an higher operating system than she does, yet it works fine on hers. Is there an upgrade or a downgrade that I can perform to get these things to work?
    Your OS software is very close, I wouldn't think that it is the problem.

BlackBerry App World can be a little fussy about handling. Look for the Download Button after you scroll down the page. Once you get it to download and install your off to the ball game.
    05-23-10 11:52 AM
    Ok, so I'm able to download the Red Sox app through opera mini, but it's downloading version 1.0, and my fiance has version 2.0. I can't actually get into the application, but it does appear as an app on my phone. The error message that I get is:
    The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL.
    I set all the permissions to mirror what she has set up for hers, and it it's still not working. Any ideas?
    05-27-10 02:36 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD