Alright. I have tried everything.. so now I'm turning to you!
    (If I've missed this answer anywhere else in the forum, please point me in that direction.. I couldn't find an answer though..)

My boyfriend broke his old phone, and was given a BB Pearl second hand.

We've set up the phone, he uses it, etc. But what we can't seem to figure out, is how to get bbm and the email system working.

For some reason, even though he has a data plan, it seems as though the phone is refusing to let him use email or bbm. We know what his pin is, I'll add his pin.. and he won't get any notification, or be able to use the bbm.

Is there anyway to just reset the entire thing? He's even typed in his password wrong so many times that it wipes the phone, and bbm and email setup refuses to work.

Any ideas?

03-10-10 12:19 PM
    Alright. I have tried everything.. so now I'm turning to you!
    (If I've missed this answer anywhere else in the forum, please point me in that direction.. I couldn't find an answer though..)

My boyfriend broke his old phone, and was given a BB Pearl second hand.

We've set up the phone, he uses it, etc. But what we can't seem to figure out, is how to get bbm and the email system working.

For some reason, even though he has a data plan, it seems as though the phone is refusing to let him use email or bbm. We know what his pin is, I'll add his pin.. and he won't get any notification, or be able to use the bbm.

Is there anyway to just reset the entire thing? He's even typed in his password wrong so many times that it wipes the phone, and bbm and email setup refuses to work.

Any ideas?

Go to the BIS site for the carrier and resend service books

Do a battery pull.
    03-10-10 12:21 PM
    Go to the BIS site for the carrier and resend service books

Do a battery pull.

I'm sorry... "BIS site"?
    03-10-10 12:27 PM
    I'm sorry... "BIS site"?
    Who is the carrier?

google "carrier bis"

login (or create and acct) enter pin and send service books.
    03-10-10 12:34 PM
    add me to your bbm...312a6ad1.
    03-10-10 12:39 PM
    You have to have a BB data plan for email, most apps and most web access. A generic data plan won't work on a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 03:12 PM
    You have to have a BB data plan for email, most apps and most web access. A generic data plan won't work on a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i was going to say the same thing. if he had anything other than a blackberry before, the data plan must be switched to a blackberry specific data plan (at&t and vzw charge $30/mo) in order to use things like email, push notification, bbm, pin msgs etc..
    03-10-10 03:16 PM
    call the carrier. add a blackberry data plan. give them the IMEI and PIN for the phone. enjoy.
    03-10-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD