Hi, I have a Curve 8300. I want to be able to have SMS messages from certain individuals not appear in my normal Inbox. I don't want these messages being visible to others using my BlackBerry.

Can this be done either as standard or with software? I've searched high and low and the answer so far is no. There are equivelant products for PocketPC but nothing I can see for Blackberry.

Many thanks.
    03-23-08 01:14 PM
    i need the same thing!!!!!!!!
    someone out there????
    anything????
    03-23-08 01:16 PM
    save it.... then delete it from the main inbox.. then when in SMS, hit menu then view saved messages.
    03-23-08 01:21 PM
    Thanks Manilaboy1vic but I need something that's completely autonomous.

Just for reference here's the Pocket PC equivelant of what I'm after:

evenbyte.com (sorry had to remove the www. part as I can't yet post URL's)
    03-23-08 01:27 PM
    A better solution is to let that inner moral compas of yours that's telling you to hide your behavior to instead change it. =)

If one doesn't have a mistress, one doens't need to hide her messages from the wife, for example. =)

Besides, sharing your Blackberry is just wrong! Get your better half her very own.

Patrick
    Helping liberals become conservative.
    03-23-08 06:01 PM
    Yeah, just put a password on your berry.
    03-23-08 06:31 PM
    [QUOTE=bobberry;201639]Hi, I have a Curve 8300. I want to be able to have SMS messages from certain individuals not appear in my normal Inbox. I don't want these messages being visible to others using my BlackBerry.

Hahaha! Tell the girlfriends to IM you (you can put yahoo IM etc on ur BB)and make sure you set it up so messages aren't archived.
    SMS messages just aren't private so don't use that mode of communication.
    03-23-08 06:46 PM
    The above solution works on users that don't know how to snoop around. It's happen time and time again, luckily I don't keep anything personal, where I catch someone snooping through my pics and messages.
    03-23-08 07:36 PM
    I agree, SMS is not private to begin with.
    03-23-08 07:45 PM
    Ooooh I agree with the follow your moral code dude. oh and never underestimate the evil vindictive spite of an angry woman if she does catch you anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 06:18 AM
    Best bet is to put a password on your BB. It's like locking your PC when you leave your workstation.

Also, given your situation, I wouldn't store the messages (both received and sent); read and delete. Saving the message to the saved messages folder and then deleting it from your inbox will work.... to an extent.... snoopers will always end up finding what they wanna find eventually

Good luck!
    03-24-08 08:55 AM
    I have an 8320 and saved two sms messages by mistake. I can't delete them from the blackberry no matter what I try! Please help!

Thank you,
    Kare
    Last edited by Kwhite; 04-11-08 at 09:57 PM.
    04-11-08 09:46 PM
    ain't no call like a booty call lol that's crazy hiding messages
    04-11-08 09:48 PM
    i can't belive there no answer for privacy of calls, sms and Email with Blackberry.
    there are a lot of program for symbian and win.
    I realy hope somthing coem out so I can finally shut of my symbiam phone!
    05-05-08 05:50 AM
    no answer yet?
    05-05-08 05:51 AM
    gotta say i agree with patrick waugh
    i never do anything i need to hide from anyone (except for maybe the police)
    05-05-08 09:13 AM
    The amount of people asking to be able to hide certain SMS messages from people, as well as the amount of people that ask how to turn off the camera sound, is astounding.

Goes to show that we live in a society of cheating, secret picture taking perverts...
    05-05-08 11:42 AM
    I agree, a security password is your best bet. I understand though, some people just want to keep their phone private, and they have every right to do so. Just because someone wants to keep some stuff private, doesn't mean they live a life of infidelity or anything. They could be getting financial messages as well as msgs from Dr's etc. that no one has business reading than the person intended.
    05-05-08 05:59 PM
    The amount of people asking to be able to hide certain SMS messages from people, as well as the amount of people that ask how to turn off the camera sound, is astounding.

Goes to show that we live in a society of cheating, secret picture taking perverts...
    man u have some nerve!

if i want the shutter sound off via my bb, so what its my phone. if i want my msg's kept private, so what its my phone. i could simply just be uncomfortable w/ friends seeing pics of the wife/girl or even simple msgs.........

if i want tinted windows on my car, it isn't so i can hide from anyone. its my car and it because i like my PRIVACY............

so i find it better to say that its astounding that you would automatically assume that someone is being sneaky simply because they would like to have their own privacy, u kinda sound like the " US GOVERMENT ".

stop assuming and enjoy life and besides why do u even give a shyt if he has anything to hide, it isn't you..........
    05-05-08 06:20 PM
    people these days will keep trying to enter the password and end up wiping your device..
    yes i indeed feared that!

and so what i want to keep some stuff private.
    i paid $280 to have that right.

and that camera shutter gets on my nerves thats why i want it disabled.
    why do i have to be perverted just cause i want to disable it.
    that so stupid and childish.
    once again i paid $280 to have that right its mine.
    Last edited by enyahs_shayne09; 05-05-08 at 09:35 PM.
    05-05-08 09:30 PM
    lol yea i do worry that someone would put the password too many times and erase everything but i just back up with DM once a week to be safe.

i would like to hide some SMS but only just in case someone where ever to get a hold of my phone, its not a necessity.
    05-05-08 09:58 PM
    wow... cheaters suck!
    i agree with some of the others if were weren't doing nothing shady then you wouldn't have to hide nuttin...
    05-05-08 10:28 PM
    Overmydeadberry,

I LOVE your screen name!!!! I've meant to tell you that a thousand times and never wanted to hijack a thread to do so. Tonight I figured the "cheaters thread" was as good as any... :-)

05-05-08 10:48 PM
    Overmydeadberry.

That still doesn't hold any validity, do u want people to know the type and color of ur under garments?

If no, then why would u want people reading ur messages.

You might as well be and open book!

05-05-08 11:06 PM
    Thanks pashan! And to Muu I am an open book... My husband can read all my textz emails and pictures whatever... And if i'm sending messages about my under clothes it will be to him or target.... Lol... I think that's what you were saying if not oops its the margarita talking lol!

05-05-08 11:45 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD