my first post.
    also my first blackberry (im with bell mobility).
    i just bought a blackberry bold today and i can't get my wifi to work.
    i have the 15 dollar data plan. so i can only use wifi and messaging but not the mobile browser.
    anyways i have all my information and it says im connected to my home network. theres the little wifi button in the corner and it's all lit up like its supposed to be. except whenever i try and surf the web a box pops up and it says
    HTTP error 403: forbidden
    you are not authorized to view this page. please try loading a different one.

im trying to view the homepage. i don't understand why it would be forbidden.
    help. im getting really frustrated and im about to return this phone to the store and get an iphone.
    01-15-10 06:14 PM
    Are you using the BB browser instead of the Bell browser. Bell browser has been giving me the same message lately. Not all the time though. You can also use hotspot browser while on wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 07:03 PM
    Because you are on the unlimited email plan. You won't have the service book for the browser. You will need to download opera mini or some other 3rd party browser and load it to the phone with desktop manager.

01-15-10 07:19 PM
    Because you are on the unlimited email plan. You won't have the service book for the browser. You will need to download opera mini or some other 3rd party browser and load it to the phone with desktop manager.

Absolutely right ... I completely missed that.

01-15-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD