I have office 365 on macbook and am trying to sync phone to office 365 but having no luck at all, can anyone help

Thanks in advance
    09-09-15 08:05 AM
    Have you setup the Office365 email on the phone? Have you setup the connect to one drive app on the phone to access your files? This will give you the email, tasks, contacts and calendar on the phone, plus access to your files stored online in Office365.

If you are asking about the Office365 apps, I am not sure if the Android versions work and using the web interface is a bit awkward and slow.
    09-09-15 08:51 AM
    The Android Office apps do work, but they are nowhere near as complete as the desktop apps. You can enter text and data and do some formatting, but graphics management is poor, and you can't save files as pdf. You also can't embed a spreadsheet in a Word document. So they work, and they offer OneDrive integration, but don't expect to create anything spectacular.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    sirius27 likes this.
    09-09-15 09:35 AM
    Hi guys

Note sure how to set up 365 email on phone, have gone into settings, accounts etc. but no joy, one drive app, what is this?

Everything plumbed in ok with outlook on mac so my emails are going into outlook ok. If I send an email from phone the outlook on mac picks it up however when I send an email from mac/outlook the phone doesn't pick it up, also calendars doesn't sync either.

Thanks in advance
    09-09-15 11:55 AM
    There is an Office app which works but its crap and then there are separate Word, Excell, PowerPoint apps which will not work cause they are developed to work only on certain devices due to memory concerns. Maybe just maybe you can patch it if you know what you are doing, I don't.

But anyhow I think people should get used to visit mobile sites that act as apps as well. Just go to Office.com and you will be redirected to nice mobile Office experience that's not different than the app itself (at least Office app).
    ALToronto likes this.
    09-09-15 12:07 PM
    Go to accounts in the settings on your phone and enter your email and password for Office 365. It will sync calendar, contacts, email, tasks and notes. There is no need to use separate apps. It works with all the native BlackBerry apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 12:55 PM
    Go to accounts in the settings on your phone and enter your email and password for Office 365. It will sync calendar, contacts, email, tasks and notes. There is no need to use separate apps. It works with all the native BlackBerry apps.

Posted via CB10
    If you use an alias email with Office 365 (i.e. It's not @outlook.com), you may need to go into Advanced Settings to set up your email.

09-09-15 11:46 PM
    Hi guys

Really struggling with this one, tried as bmorgan67 and advanced settings as ALToronto suggests, all to no avail
    09-10-15 04:26 AM
    By office 365 do you mean like word, Excel, ppt, Onedrive? If so you can get it through Snap and downloading "office mobile" and "onedrive" by Microsoft

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 05:57 AM
    After the username, email address and password fields, this is what my advanced account setup looks like. Check the server address, you may have to enter it manually.

How do I get Office 365 on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150910_074727.png

You can also try entering

m.outlook.com

as the server address.

09-10-15 06:57 AM
    Hi guys

Sorry no joy

ALToronto - tried above and get the same page but all i keep getting is the settings for the account are incorrect, change your settings and try again
    09-10-15 07:16 AM
    Hi nyplaya610

Yes i have the office 365 with all above but can't get the outlook to sync with phone.

Can send a message from my phone and outlook will pick it up but not the other way round. Is snap the way to go ?
    09-10-15 07:26 AM
    Tommy, did you delete your non-functioning account before changing it? You need to start fresh, so try the following steps.

1. Delete the email account and reboot the phone.
    2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Add new > Email, Contacts, Calendar
    3. BEFORE YOU ENTER THE EMAIL ADDRESS, tap the slider bars icon at the bottom centre of the screen - this will take you to the specific email providers setup page.
    4. Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or Outlook.com, whichever is appropriate for your situation.
    5. Proceed to set up the account, entering the server address if necessary.
    6. If it doesn't work, delete the account and reboot the phone before making changes.

Good luck, hope this finally works for you. Please rest assured that it is possible to have an Outlook.com email account sync perfectly with a BB10 phone. I get emails on my Passport before the Mail app on my Surface 3.

09-10-15 08:19 AM
    Hi ALToronto

No good, have tried both (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or Outlook.com) and rebooted, I'm giving up for today, its been 2 days trying, even called office support (blaming email provider) called my provider (blaming office).

Gonna have a beer and watch breaking bad and thanks for all tips
    09-10-15 01:17 PM
    I use Office 365 with BB10 and it works great. I sync email, calendar, contacts, and tasks and notes in Remember. All using native BB...no other Apps required.

There are no tricks to setting it up, so long as your Office 365 administrator hasn�t set up anything odd.

If you're still stuck after trying again post an update and I'll log in to Office 365 as an Admin and check settings and documentation for you.

This should NOT be hard at all!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 10:04 PM
    I use Office 365 with BB10 and it works great. I sync email, calendar, contacts, and tasks and notes in Remember. All using native BB...no other Apps required.

There are no tricks to setting it up, so long as your Office 365 administrator hasn’t set up anything odd.

If you're still stuck after trying again post an update and I'll log in to Office 365 as an Admin and check settings and documentation for you.

This should NOT be hard at all!

Posted via CB10
    Hi bb10adopter111

Thanks for the help, may of found a way round, was mulling over a cup of tea last night and had the idea to open another email account using outlook.com, plumbed it in this morning and bingo outlook on mac syncs with blackberry passport phone and vice versa, just need to set up calendar etc.

My original email account is an old pop account from many many years ago so maybe its dated or something so as they say 'out with the old and in with the new'
    09-11-15 03:22 AM
    Hi bb10adopter111

My original email account is an old pop account from many many years ago so maybe its dated or something so as they say 'out with the old and in with the new'
    If your old email does not support Microsoft Exchange active Sync, that was the problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:23 AM
    So the OP was trying to set up a POP provider as an EAS email. It sounds as if all your 365 subscription gives you is the Office applications, not Exchange hosting or other features. Everyone was leading you down the wrong path because we didn't have all of the information: in your original case before the new Outlook email, we thought you were trying to set up an email that was through Office 365, not a pre-existing one.

Glad it's sorted, and it's probably best to retire the old POP account, it's the most basic of email services, and offers none of the features most people expect from their email in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:57 AM
    Hi rthonpm robsteve

Sorry I probably didn't explain myself properly in the beginning. All has ended well thanks even though the outlook email address is a free one it is 100 times better than my old orange email account so yes email 2015 has come of age for me.

Thanks to all
    Tommy
    rthonpm likes this.
    09-11-15 11:28 AM
    It works but it's nowhere near the iOS version.
    09-12-15 04:25 PM