I've seen a couple of suggestions on how to disable emails but they won't work for me.

First, it is a corporate phone on BES and I do have personal emails combined in my inbox. I want the personal email and I especially want to continue my data connection since I use Google maps and the browser a lot. But my business email can wait till I get back in the office.

Is there a way to just temporarily disable the corporate emails and the notifications from coming through? I'm surprised there isn't any easy option for this (such as a profile - but I hear that's coming in OS6) since I'm sure I'm not the only one who takes vacations.
    07-15-10 07:15 AM
    I'm not sure if there is a way to do this from your handset, you may need to contact your IT department and see if they can setup some kind of block while you are out of town.

Give this a try, go into your Options menu, then go to Security, and Firewall. See if you're able to enable it, and then check the box for "Enterprise email". As long as your IT department hasn't disabled this option from your handset, this should block any incoming Enterprise e-mail, but allow all your other messages, and data usage.
    07-15-10 07:30 AM
    Cool...thanks elvin.

There is an option in the inbox under email settings that you can select to not "send emails to handheld". Of course, that's too easy and logical for it to work lol.

I'll try your suggestion...thanks again.
    07-15-10 07:47 PM
    I suppose you could always delete said email from your bb and re add it when you get back from vaca?
    07-15-10 08:07 PM
    Just go into ringers and turn your notifications and vibrating off.
    Its that simple
    07-15-10 10:17 PM
    I suppose you could always delete said email from your bb and re add it when you get back from vaca?
    Since his BB is running on the BES, I don't think he can physically go in and remove his corporate e-mail from his device.

Just go into ringers and turn your notifications and vibrating off.
    Its that simple
    This isn't going to keep him from recieving the messages while he's out of town, it'll just keep him from getting alerted when he gets them.
    07-16-10 08:19 AM
    Ah you're right, didn't catch that the first time
    07-16-10 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD