I'm trying to dowload an OS upgrade for a 8320. Ive downloaded the OS to my laptop and have backed up using the desktop manager. I cant find the vendor file to delete and wondered if it has to do with having downloaded the 4.5 desktop manager which was not the version of software that came with the phone. I realize there is a similiar thread, however the information was not specific enough to help me. Can any of you BB gurus assist me with this?
    10-12-08 08:04 PM
    The file is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Proper Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure
    10-12-08 08:09 PM
    Just make a search on your computer for the vendor.xml file.
    10-12-08 08:30 PM
    Looks like your question has already been answered but I a little concerned that you obviously have not read the upgrade procedure if you are asking that question!
    10-13-08 03:22 AM
    Download CrackMem from tghe link in my signature. It will take all the pain out of the process.
    10-13-08 05:37 AM
    Just make a search on your computer for the vendor.xml file.

I thought that would work too, but in practice, Windows Search does not search the Program Files directory and will not fine Vendor.xml.

It can be done with an advance search, but the directions are more complicated then using CrackMem.
    10-13-08 10:35 AM
    Do i have to delete the Device file which is also an xml file
    03-30-10 01:15 PM
    Do i have to delete the Device file which is also an xml file
    no no no only the vendor.xml file... only and only that file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD