There are certain entries that are fixed on the speed dial list.
    This is true across many model numbers.

A= lock key pad
    Q= change profile to vibrate This is troublesome because it is a corner key and often gets hit when in purse or pocket and turns off the ringer.

Of course the W/1 key is for VM. I can see why someone might want to at least edit this if they put in a non-TMobile SIM

I found one thread where yhis was brought up - but all that was said was "you can do a temporary "fix", but it will only last until the next reboot. It didn't say how you do a temporary fix.

Thanks.

...mike
    04-09-11 03:47 AM
    As far as I know you can't change them. Maybe through the E-screen but almost all the things you can manipulate there return to default after a reboot. That may be what the thread you read was referring to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 10:04 PM
    As far as I know you can't change them. Maybe through the E-screen but almost all the things you can manipulate there return to default after a reboot. That may be what the thread you read was referring to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    OK - what is an E-Screen and how do I get there? Is it something a non techie can do?
    Thanks.
    ...mt
    04-09-11 10:27 PM
    OK - what is an E-Screen and how do I get there? Is it something a non techie can do?
    Thanks.
    ...mt
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!!!! The E-Screen, or Engineering Screen, or Advanced Help Screen, is a tool for RIM engineers and RIM/Carrier beta testers. It should NOT be used by a non techie. You CAN ruin your device!

Even some of us who know what we are doing stay away from there too.
    Laura Knotek and Mikethaler like this.
    04-10-11 01:09 AM
    Warning WILL be heeded.
    Thanks!
    04-10-11 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD