And yet it did, didn't it? Keen County's IT department approved a 28 page document, didn't it? Such a document would not be enough for my agency.
    Kern County is not who I was referring to with the 28 page support desk/end-user document. That 28 page document was referenced by your good friend Sith_Apprentice as that is what his organization disseminated to his support desk/end-users as an installation/configuration guide. So your thought that such a document "would not be enough" for an agency like the ones you and him work for is false.

Where did I say that I thought small organisations do not need proper security policies? Please point that out.
    "Seriously?!? One BRANCH in one PROGRAM OFFICE of the kind of agency where Sith and I work is larger than the user base for those documents."

"So really, you proved the point he was making. Small shops maybe. The agencies he and I serve? No."

"Such a document would not be enough for my agency."

"A small organisation or small government office would not have the same document requirements as my agency."

You seem to insinuate that due to the size of your agency you have to follow all of these security procedures that are not necessary for "small shops"; this is made apparent by your dismissal of the documentation I linked to as "high level, 300K foot brief on utilisation" which your help desk "would not accept". Do you really think those organization's documents I linked to are just half-assing it? Good Technology's own 56 page documentation on every minutia of detail for their MDM client app is just for "small shops"?

A small organisation or small government office would not have the same document requirements as my agency. Which is why, as you noted above, Kern County accepted a 28 page document. To think documentary requirements are one size fits all is incorrect.
    Please look at the documents I linked to from these "small organisations or small government offices" and the one from Good Technology themselves which shows how to find, install, configure, and use every feature of the app and explain to me what exactly is missing that your massive agency would find them inadequate. This is exactly what I meant when I said "thinking large organizations need to over-complicate their policies and procedures due to their size is even worse". Why does a document that can be clear, concise, and complete with only 10-50 pages need to be scaled up several orders of page count magnitude because it is for a large organization?

And yet they do. I don't think, I know. It took literally a year and a half of proposals, justifications, testing, and procurement for my agency to go from BlackBerry to the Note 2. If you think a large government agency can change policy nimbly and produce a 28 page document for the Helpdesk as support, then your thinking is incorrect. Conversely, a small law firm I know, with 50 employees, just went from BlackBerry to iPhone and all they provided their staff were numbers for Apple tech support. Literally.

So yes, it does matter the size of the organisation because it does impact on how quickly they can change policy and it does impact the documentary requirements. To think otherwise is naive.
    This last paragraph confirms what I have surmised. You are talking about something completely different than the OP's situation and applying my responses to him in this thread to a completely different scenario. The OP works for a company that has already done "a year and a half of proposals, justifications, testing, and procurement" to purchase and deploy GO!NotifyLink Enterprise Server which is an Exchange ActiveSync-based MDM solution that supports BlackBerry 10 out of the box. If management chooses to approve the usage of BlackBerry 10 devices, which OP is going to request, the only thing IT would need to do is create a small configuration document like the ones I linked to. Nothing is different on the MDM server administration side, in how users are approved/added to the system, or from a security standpoint (as can be learned by reading the GO!NotifyLink Enterprise Server product documentation I linked to earlier in the thread).

Now if the OP came in to this thread and said "My company uses Good For Enterprise from Good Technology which does not support BlackBerry devices at all. I have a BlackBerry Z30 and would like them to deploy BES or another MDM server so that I can use my BlackBerry Z30." Then everything you, Sith_Apprentice, and KermEd said would apply and be completely accurate for the type of massive archectitural and procedural change required.
    05-07-14 03:41 PM
    At this point I am very curious as if my posts are not showing properly to you. I have said from a technical feasibility you are very correct, that should be sufficient. That isnt all the OP is looking for though. He is looking to change their stance on BB10, which requires significantly more.

In any case, this has been beaten ad nauseum. Unless there is something DIFFERENT to be said, I believe the OP has had his question answered from various angles.
    05-07-14 05:41 PM
    Please close, my good friend. Impossible to try to reason when words are twisted beyond all recognition.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    05-07-14 05:45 PM
    Kern County is not who I was referring to with the 28 page support desk/end-user document. That 28 page document was referenced by your good friend Sith_Apprentice as that is what his organization disseminated to his support desk/end-users as an installation/configuration guide. So your thought that such a document "would not be enough" for an agency like the ones you and him work for is false.

"Seriously?!? One BRANCH in one PROGRAM OFFICE of the kind of agency where Sith and I work is larger than the user base for those documents."

"So really, you proved the point he was making. Small shops maybe. The agencies he and I serve? No."

"Such a document would not be enough for my agency."

"A small organisation or small government office would not have the same document requirements as my agency."

You seem to insinuate that due to the size of your agency you have to follow all of these security procedures that are not necessary for "small shops"; this is made apparent by your dismissal of the documentation I linked to as "high level, 300K foot brief on utilisation" which your help desk "would not accept". Do you really think those organization's documents I linked to are just half-assing it? Good Technology's own 56 page documentation on every minutia of detail for their MDM client app is just for "small shops"?

Please look at the documents I linked to from these "small organisations or small government offices" and the one from Good Technology themselves which shows how to find, install, configure, and use every feature of the app and explain to me what exactly is missing that your massive agency would find them inadequate. This is exactly what I meant when I said "thinking large organizations need to over-complicate their policies and procedures due to their size is even worse". Why does a document that can be clear, concise, and complete with only 10-50 pages need to be scaled up several orders of page count magnitude because it is for a large organization?

This last paragraph confirms what I have surmised. You are talking about something completely different than the OP's situation and applying my responses to him in this thread to a completely different scenario. The OP works for a company that has already done "a year and a half of proposals, justifications, testing, and procurement" to purchase and deploy GO!NotifyLink Enterprise Server which is an Exchange ActiveSync-based MDM solution that supports BlackBerry 10 out of the box. If management chooses to approve the usage of BlackBerry 10 devices, which OP is going to request, the only thing IT would need to do is create a small configuration document like the ones I linked to. Nothing is different on the MDM server administration side, in how users are approved/added to the system, or from a security standpoint (as can be learned by reading the GO!NotifyLink Enterprise Server product documentation I linked to earlier in the thread).

Now if the OP came in to this thread and said "My company uses Good For Enterprise from Good Technology which does not support BlackBerry devices at all. I have a BlackBerry Z30 and would like them to deploy BES or another MDM server so that I can use my BlackBerry Z30." Then everything you, Sith_Apprentice, and KermEd said would apply and be completely accurate for the type of massive archectitural and procedural change required.
    I suggest you reread what I said and then try your characterisation of them again. You are completely wrong.
    05-07-14 05:54 PM
    After Review the thread will remain closed. Time to move along.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lendo; 05-07-14 at 08:13 PM.
    05-07-14 06:09 PM
180 ... 678