I had to reset my entire 9530 Storm because I forgot my password. Since it's been reset, I lost all info and I have it flashed to Cricket. It appears I can still use text and calling but I can't for the life of me find a browser. How can I get my internet back? I already trying going to Host Routing Table and it's completely blank. Please help. Really frustrated. New to this whole BB thing.
    07-05-09 06:59 PM
    Manage Connection icon > make sure Mobile Networks has a check in the box

options > advanced options > host routing tables > press menu >
    select Register Now
    07-05-09 07:16 PM
    I did what you put so is something else supposed to come up now? I didn't see anything different after I followed that process.
    07-05-09 07:23 PM
    Unfortunately you'll have to get it programmed again. Since you forgot your password, the Cricket BB service books were erased.
    07-19-09 11:00 AM
    gotta get it reprogrammed
    07-19-09 03:03 PM
    [QUOTE=christuy;2962862]
    I had to reset my entire 9530 Storm because I forgot my password. Since it's been reset, I lost all info and I have it flashed to Cricket. It appears I can still use text and calling but I can't for the life of me find a browser. How can I get my internet back? I already trying going to Host Routing Table and it's completely blank. Please help. Really frustrated. New to this whole BB thing.[/QUOTE

i had the same problem when i flashed it to cricket .... all u have to do is update the browser . with desktop manager...
    08-09-09 03:07 AM
    we have done the desk top manager a 100 times maybe you can couch us please because its not working
    09-27-09 10:42 PM
    I am having the same problem, BB desktop manager suggested an update, to which I follwoed threw with, and ended up loosing my service book's, and nothing but a pain ever since. help would be freakin awsome
    10-31-09 12:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem as well. What I did was removed FB through the Desktop Manager, and it took my web browser! Go figure!
    Phone and text still works. No browser. I really don't want to let my cricket account go...but I'm at that point! There's got to be somebody out there who knows how to work this cricket on BB phone deal!! Come on now!! There's someone out there who knows!!!!

Your response is GREATLY appreciated!
    11-08-09 04:41 PM
    If you find the service books can somebody plzz send them to me ??
    11-08-09 06:27 PM
    I'm on cricket as well using a BlackBerry 9530 and everything was working fine till i called to have my MMS service refreshed and then my browser disappered so i'm ata lost as well how do i get it back dont have connections for desktop manager or to connect to internet help
    12-20-09 04:53 PM
    my number is 8323891651
    12-20-09 04:54 PM
    So what do i need to do?
    12-20-09 04:54 PM
    if anybody finds them please contact me to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 03:40 PM
    Did you ever get Help? I'm in the same spot

03-23-10 07:01 PM
    What a Cricket Browser is, I don't know.

Chat Window
    03-24-10 05:37 AM
    Cricket is a cell phone company in some areas of the US. Cricket Browser is the web browser they associate with their phones similar to IE with Windows. It is possible to download other browsers for bb such as Opera (my fav.), BOLT, and I have heard Firefox has gone mobile, but I have yet to see it for bb. When it becomes available I will be all over it.
    04-21-10 04:16 PM
    Cricket is a cell phone company in some areas of the US. Cricket Browser is the web browser they associate with their phones similar to IE with Windows. It is possible to download other browsers for bb such as Opera (my fav.), BOLT, and I have heard Firefox has gone mobile, but I have yet to see it for bb. When it becomes available I will be all over it.
    Firefox on BlackBerry is not going to happen. http://mobile.support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/5/334

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-21-10 05:08 PM
    please help phone got accdently updated with a desk top manager i have a flashed 9530 to cricket and lossed mms and web can any one please help
    04-30-10 08:38 AM
    Hello there all, I have a Storm 9530 too, and kinda suffering a bit with it, but I believe in this phone so much and looking forward to make all the services work on it with Cricket. So, let's work as a team, I'll help anybody here the best I can, and I hope if anyone knows or actually has a true experience to share, I'll put all the Service Books I have right here, and they usually put back the browser, but what usually happens is that whenever I do this step, the browser takes me to Cricket Home Page and can't get any other website, and I'm sure there is something small somewhere needs to be changed since I already have the Mobile WAP in my plan with Cricket.

Good one.
    http://www.easy-share.com/1911343103/BB Cricket Final.zip

For Berries with WiFi.
    http://www.easy-share.com/1911342828/2InSaNe_CKT_Wifi.zip

Good one.
    http://www.easy-share.com/1911342837/cricket_2InSaNe.zip

This is the best I believe.
    http://www.easy-share.com/1911342839/Servicebook non branded.zip

How to put your Service Book into your Berry:
    1. Run CrackUtil as an Admin (Right click on its icon, properties, (the tap) Compatibility, (Check the box) Run this program as an administrator), make sure you've plugged your berry already before running the CrackUtil.
    2. Put your device password, if you don't have one leave it empty, choose the tap File Manipulation, choose the button Retrieve, click on net_rem_bb_browser_daemon then choose the button Remove, close CrackUtil, your Berry will restart itself.
    3. Run the Desktop Manager, put your device password, cancel any updates, choose the Backup and Restore, then choose the button Advanced, above the left list you see a little word says File, click it then choose Open, pick up your Service Books, move over to the right list, get back to the Main Menu on the Desktop Manager, then close it.
    4. Run CrackUtil as an Admin, make sure you've plugged your berry already before running the CrackUtil. Put your device password, if you don't have one leave it empty, choose the tap File Manipulation, choose the button Load File, open net_rem_bb_browser_daemon then your phone will restart, close CrackUtil, unplug your Berry. You're done.

Here's CrackUtil:
    http://www.easy-share.com/1911342969/CrackUtil.zip

Greetings,
    Ibrahim
    Attached Files
    2Rican4U likes this.
    07-16-10 03:03 AM
    I'm having the same problem, I can't even get on the internet on my blackberry 8530 now unless I use the wifi the network say it not on cricket but when I dial 611 it goes to cricket.
    11-14-10 08:44 PM
    Just some info for those of you who had your devices flashed to Cricket; when you do so, your blackberry no longer runs through the blackberry service (BIS or BES) from my experience, rather it essentially makes it only run off a cricket browser that you would find on any other phone. All other services will not work, so no BBM, App World, Pandora, or anything unless you are over wifi, and even then BIS/BES services may stop after 90 days. I don't know why Cricket "flashes" their devices this way, but this work around obviously makes the BB a simple phone with a nice keyboard and some nice options while over wifi.

11-15-10 12:16 AM
    I was able to reinstall the web browser for the WiFi but still cannot connect.

UPDATE: Fixed it!
    I have a BB Curve 8530i
    I did the above fix to load the Service Books but still could not access any browser.
    I then did the following that gave me internet access although not WiFi Access:

Go to APPLICATIONS
    USE DROP DOWN TO THE RIGHT AND CHOOSE "CORE"
    Highlight "Browser"
    Left click beside track ball and choose "EDIT DEFAULT PERMISSIONS"
    Then you will see RIM
    Set each choice to 'ALLOW next to connection/interaction/user data
    Save.
    Good luck!

Last edited by 2Rican4U; 11-22-10 at 09:57 PM.
    11-22-10 08:20 PM
    I suggest you to programmed it
    11-24-10 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD