Im getting a new blackberry which will probably arrive after google removes gmail app download. How do I get a copy of the new app today before Nov.22nd when google removes download links.

I cannot use my old blackberry which is OS 4.5.x as it will not download the gmail app compatible with 7. I cannot seem to find a place to download app to my pc to loaded with application loader. I have a friend with blackberry os 7 but if they download it to their berry how do I get it off to mine??

In short getting new blackberry OS & after nov.22. How do I get a copy of gmail app which I wont be able to download???
    11-18-11 09:58 AM
    The withdrawal of this app does not impact the Gmail integration that RIM develops into the core OS. This integration means that the app is not necessary.

There is native support for Gmail in BlackBerry (OS 5.0 and above), which means that a separate Gmail app is not required. Support for Gmail also includes support for multiple Gmail accounts, calendar and contact syncing, and Gmail specific functions such as archive, star, label, conversation view and remote search.
    jkannry likes this.
    11-18-11 10:14 AM
    Take a read through this. You should be able to back it up (as well as other 3rd party apps) without a problem

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-18-11 10:15 AM
    The Gmail app will work when the native BIS email app will not. If your company uses Google Apps with the default system settings, you won't be able to use the BIS email due to the lack of POP3 and IMAP. This is where the Gmail app works. That said, it should be easily available online from sources other than Google after November 22.
    jkannry likes this.
    11-18-11 10:28 AM
    Take a read through this. You should be able to back it up (as well as other 3rd party apps) without a problem

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry
    Yes. I know how to backup and retore apps.the question is are you recommending friend download, i backup their blackberry, and try to install across devices.
    11-18-11 10:42 AM
    The withdrawal of this app does not impact the Gmail integration that RIM develops into the core OS. This integration means that the app is not necessary.

There is native support for Gmail in BlackBerry (OS 5.0 and above), which means that a separate Gmail app is not required. Support for Gmail also includes support for multiple Gmail accounts, calendar and contact syncing, and Gmail specific functions such as archive, star, label, conversation view and remote search.
    This is not the bis solution i hope? Meaning im not sending all gmail to bis to send to blackberry??? This is true client server??
    11-18-11 10:44 AM
    The Gmail app will work when the native BIS email app will not. If your company uses Google Apps with the default system settings, you won't be able to use the BIS email due to the lack of POP3 and IMAP. This is where the Gmail app works. That said, it should be easily available online from sources other than Google after November 22.

Dont want bis which sets all my emails marked as read and causes screwy problems. Keep in mind i havent seen or used bis since os 4.x
    11-18-11 10:48 AM
    Do you actually know it will be available at other sites or are speculating??
    11-18-11 10:50 AM
    I like the Gmail app because it has a feature the BB created Gmail does not. once opened using the BB created Gmail you can only choose "close" when you exit which leaves the app running in the background until a reboot.

The Gmail app has "Exit Gmail" option which actually closes the app and it does not run in the background.

I used BBSAK to save the Gmail COD. then used JAD maker to convert the COD into a Jad. The Jad is stored on my computer, in my dropbox and on my SD card so i have several options to re install it if need be.
    11-18-11 11:27 AM
    Do you actually know it will be available at other sites or are speculating??
    I think one poster already said he has it available. I did say "should" be available. It's common for popular apps, files, drivers to be available online long after the original has been pulled. I don't see this one as being any different. I mean, you can still find early DOS versions out there to download.
    jkannry likes this.
    11-18-11 01:06 PM

Im still trying to picture this??It is not simple bis meaning simple pop3 to bis with push??? Is it a plug in??? It sounds great.
    11-18-11 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD