Hi!
    I currently own a Q10 that has some problems and my cellphone provider agreed to replace it free of charge for a new one (I won't go into details of what the problem is, they are giving me a new one so no need to try to fix this hehe)

But before giving it to them, I would like to know how I can backup completely my current device, wipe it from any personal information and then restore my backup on my other device. I will NOT have both device at the same time, I must give in the current one to get the new one, so the backup procedure can not be composed of copying from one device to another, must go on my PC first.

Things I would like to be in the backup
    - Pictures/Videos/Files on the file system (I will export all of them to my PC, but if they can be part of the backup procedure so I won't have to copy them in a second step when restoring the new device, would be good)
    - Personal Calendar (I am using the Local calendar and I have a lot of meetings n stuff setup in it. Must not lose that)
    - Contacts informations (Dont want to go on facebook "hey I got a new phone, please text me your phone number..."
    - Applications (I guess that I can simply re-download them using the same blackberry ID)
    - E-Mails in my Blackberry Hub (I am keeping quite some important e-mails in there, I could go and print them or whatever but if I can include them in the backup, would be perfect)
    - Anything else that could be useful like settings so I won't have to re-stup every email account, saved wifis, etc... (This might not be doable but if it is, I want to do it!)

And also, what is the safest way to wipe clean my phone before handing it in? I have work related sensitive info on it (mostly emails, a couple of files, email-accounts etc...) and I want to b sure none of them is still present once handing it in.

Thanks a lot for your help
    05-13-15 05:54 AM
    Do a device switch when you get the new device. Connect to Link and follow the prompts. It will move over all your info and data. Once you have your new phone all set up, you can security wipe the old one and send it packing.

If you can't have both devices at once, then its much more difficult. A backup will not allow you to copy it on a different device. You are going to have to save all the files from the device memory. Save all your pics and vids to an SD card (you should have one anyway). Save all your contacts in google email account so you can sync them to the phone. Sign in with the same BBID and your BBM contacts and apps will be available for download.

If you want to save texts, messages, etc, get an app called Complete Backup (I think its call Backup Plus) and see what it can do. Then you would have to install the app first and then restore your backup from your SD card to your phone.
    05-13-15 05:57 AM
    I use an app which is called Ultimate Backup. This is able to store the files created during a backup on some different places. If you don't want to use cloud storage because of personal data like emails and contacts you can store the files on your external SD card. Then you move the files from there via USB on a PC. Change the device. You move the files from the PC on the new device and start a restore there again using Ultimate Backup. This app should be able to store everything you need except apps. Apps should be connected to your BB ID and can be installed without paying again on the new device.
    05-13-15 06:27 AM