Using the Bold 9700...

Recently, when I try using speed dial, certain letters luanch certain applications, instead of speed dialing, as they used to.

For instance, when I press 9/C key, the calculator is launched, instead of dialing the speed dial associated for 9/C as it used to.

The same goes for the T key, which launches the tasks application, instead of dialing the speed dial associated with T.

Is it possible that a theme i installed has brought about these changes? How can I disable these application shortcuts so that they don't interfere with my speed dial?
    04-27-10 12:40 PM
    To use speed dialing, you need to hold the button for a moment. Don't just press it quickly.
    04-27-10 12:43 PM
    I've tried that. As soon as I touch the C key, calculator is launched, no matter how long / short I press.

And, I am not pressing the key any differently than I was a few days ago when the speed dial worked, and now it launches the calculator instead.
    04-27-10 12:45 PM
    In phone, go to options and turn dial from homescreen to ON and that should fix your problem.
    04-27-10 12:47 PM
    In phone, go to options and turn dial from homescreen to ON and that should fix your problem.
    It's already turned to on. Most numbers / letters work for speed dialing - but for some reason, as of recently, a couple don't - launching other applications.

Could it be that a newly installed theme is causing a problem?
    04-27-10 01:05 PM
    Without you giving detailed information then it could be anything. What themes ar eyou running? Did you change it and this just started happening? Etc...
    04-27-10 01:07 PM
    I used to be using this theme: !Classic Zen with Fixed Messages v2.0! - Themes BlackBerry Apps!

Now, I'm using this theme: http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?...D-%26-IMPROVED!!

Could this new theme be the cause of the problem?
    04-27-10 01:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the problems started after the switch, but I'm not 100%
    04-27-10 01:17 PM
    Yup, it was the new theme, which the creator has since updated to correct the problem of the hotkeys.
    04-30-10 01:06 AM
    If I may ask the collective brain trust, is there a way on the 9700 to unlock the "A" and "Q" speed dial keys? "A" locks the keyboard just like the "Lock the Keyboard Key on the top right of the device. And "Q" switches the profile to vibrate.
    This was never a problem with my 8220 and 8320 before they died (moment of silence).
    06-14-10 07:47 PM
    You can't change them. Well, there is a way, but as soon as you reset the device, they will revert.
    06-14-10 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD