Hi,
    I have a US T-Mobile package that provide me unlimited web and email while in the US, and worldwide unlimited emails through my blackberry but no internet data (or any online data through other applications such as facebook, twitter, etc) while traveling overseas.

I would like to find a way in setting where I can restrict the phone from trying to access internet without stopping my emails and pinning while traveling.

Using Blackberry 9780

thank you,

Ali
    05-02-11 06:16 PM
    Hi,
    I have a US T-Mobile package that provide me unlimited web and email while in the US, and worldwide unlimited emails through my blackberry but no internet data (or any online data through other applications such as facebook, twitter, etc) while traveling overseas.

I would like to find a way in setting where I can restrict the phone from trying to access internet without stopping my emails and pinning while traveling.

Using Blackberry 9780

thank you,

Ali

im not sure there is a way to do it natively... you could configure individual apps that use a data connection (facebook, twitter etc...) to update maunally (not automatically) and not update them abroad. doing this, without using the browser might work.... you could also check with your carrier if you could temporarily disable everything but email and PIN messages while you are gone...
    05-02-11 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD