07-28-09 10:13 PM
48 12
tools
    I wanted a BB for years but kept convincing myself that "i dont need all of that" while secretly being envious and jealous of BB users. I finally jumped out there and got my first curve, sunset red 8320 and it was love at first sight and I REFUSE to go back to anything else. When I think of the phones that I've had recently I wonder how in the **** did I get along w/out a Berry??? I am TOTALLY hooked people. I want to upgrade to the bold really soon but I am not getting rid of my curve.
    07-28-09 01:22 PM
    Well last year i reeally wanted a berry. I was with sprint at the time. However there was no curve with them at the time (i think) & the world edition berry didn't have a camera, so i ended up getting a pearl 8130. I loved it until i lost it about 5 months later. Then i got a sidekick with tmobile which was stolen, so a month later i got my curve 8900. & i have not regretted it, & definitely not planning on losing it lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 01:30 PM
    I wanted a smartphone and decided to get the Nokia E71x. I only had it for 3 weeks, and after 6 hrs. of light use it would beep for low battery then die. I took it back to the AT&T store. The other 3 phones in the store were defective. It was impossible to set up email on them.

After spending 6 hrs.in the AT&T store and trying all the phones, I decided that I wanted a Bold. I love it.

07-28-09 01:33 PM
    Hey everyone. I think it would be pretty cool to see how everyone got there first blackberry.

I got mine after I bought an HTC 5800 and I had to keep getting it replaced. Stupid windows mobile. I then thought I would try a curve and I instantly fell in love with it.

Now how about all you guys?

Wow, i'm coming from Windows Mobile too, nah the last was the iPhone, i got bored of windows mobile after had the htc touch pro, hd, and a old qtek, then decide to change my OS, and tested the iPhone, was a great device the last one, but i hate the fees of it and the "NOT MULTITASKING SUPPORT", so i decided to buy a BlackBerry Bold and i just get in love with it!

It's like a crack!
    07-28-09 01:34 PM
    I had a Razr v3xx and really liked it a lot but I was getting into text-messaging and I have never like the T9 method. So when upgrade time rolled around I decided to give BlackBerry a try and got the 8310 Curve.

I immediately fell in love with the curve, but it didn't have everything I wanted on it so I took it back and got the Bold. Now I know I only thought I was in love.

BlackBerry bold - Now this is love!

Peace
    07-28-09 01:38 PM
    Had the Moto Q and then the Treo and tryed out a Curve at the VZW store and fell in love. The rest is history.
    07-28-09 01:59 PM
    I had a nokia 6630, i wanting a new phone, i went to the store, looked at the BB, discover the pearl 8120 and took it
    07-28-09 04:10 PM
    I was forced into it!

Well socially at least. Slowly slowly I stopped getting sms's from friends (like jokes, announcements and so on) and realized it was because they were all on BBmsgr. Ultimately I ended up getting a Bold but I still use my HTC Touch HD as my primary device. Lovin the BB and this forum.
    07-28-09 04:32 PM
    Same place I get most everything, craigslist.
    07-28-09 04:42 PM
    Needed new fone and the BB Curve was new on the market so I thought why not.

07-28-09 05:06 PM
    Hey guys, this is great!! It kinda cool knowing how everyone became addicts! Lol

07-28-09 05:59 PM
    I used WM for years and years and finally got tired of it. All the hype of the Tour sucked me in and I have loved every minute of it.
    07-28-09 06:01 PM
    Storm ads from Verzon drug me in. I was a WinMo user for many years. I love my Storm and could never go back now.
    07-28-09 06:05 PM
    i walked into telus and bought it, yup.
    07-28-09 07:24 PM
    I got my first BB (8830) last summer. I was using an i760, had a second line, got bored, and went on eBay. I used it for a bit, then closed that line. I still have it, and it works great!

Then last fall, I got bored again, and now I am the proud owner of a Storm since 12/24/08. My next upgrade comes up this fall, and while I'm not bored yet, Storm 2 IS coming...
    07-28-09 07:46 PM
    I saw the storm and wanted to be the first at my job with it lol

07-28-09 08:22 PM
    Started out with the Treo 650 without data. Went to a 8703e, then went back to Treo 700p, then went with the XV6800, that was a crappy phone. Then I officially went to the Curve. Since then I have had the Storm, and now the Tour. Will never go back to a Palm or WM device again.
    07-28-09 08:35 PM
    I bought it at Best Buy. With dollars.... I switched from VZW to Sprint, got rid of my enV, and got a Curve.
    07-28-09 08:43 PM
    I jacked it when the stripper at the club gave me it to hold it for her............... nah jk I upgraded from a samsung blackjack, no regrets.
    07-28-09 08:47 PM
    Had a palm centro and it just didnt cut it for email. Switched to a 8330 and havent looked back!
    07-28-09 09:02 PM
    My Razr was on the verge of dying. I was holding out for a 3G smartphone from T-Mobile. So after I got back from vacation, I went down to the T-Mobile store and checked out the BlackBerrys because they were the only smartphones T-Mobile had at the time that didn't suck (7/08). I played around with the 8320, fell in love with it and bought it then and there. I then got an 8900 after I got fed up with my 8320 hourglassing every 5 minutes. Now I'm waiting for the Driftwood because I need 3G for tethering and the better keyboard is going to be nice to have.
    07-28-09 09:13 PM
    Had a Treo 700. After a night of too much drinking my gf and I we were in a huge fight, and she wouldn't stop yelling at me when all I wanted to do was sleep. So I had a buddy come and pick me up (I was in no shape to drive) so I could get some peace. Well she wouldn't stop calling me. I eventually got pissed and just threw it out the window, over a bridge, and into the river (Perfect timing). Why I didn't just turn it off? I still wonder the same thing...

But the next day she came with me to get my Storm, and everything was all better.

Looking back on it now it was a great thing because I love my Blackberry so much more than that Windows thing. I will always have a BB now, just waitng for that Storm 2 to come out.
    07-28-09 09:56 PM
    The Samsung SGH-A707 I had I got tired of. The whole flip phone thing started to annoying and I was wanting a smartphone. Therefore, I bought a Curve 8310 last September and it was my first Blackberry.
    07-28-09 10:13 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD