Hey everyone. I think it would be pretty cool to see how everyone got there first blackberry.

I got mine after I bought an HTC 5800 and I had to keep getting it replaced. Stupid windows mobile. I then thought I would try a curve and I instantly fell in love with it.

Now how about all you guys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 07:29 AM
    I had a palm treo 650 for four yrs and it started to die. I called up sprint and since I did not use the upgrade for so long they gave me a free curve.

07-28-09 07:55 AM
    I was in college. A bunch of us had been drinking, and I was curious...
    Oh wait.
    In 2002, I had a Sony Clie' pda. Thought it was really cool b/c the qwerty keyboard. About 2 months after I shelled out for that, my firm issued everyone BBs. Immediate loss in productivity followed as we cahllenged one another to high stakes Brick Out competitions.
    07-28-09 07:59 AM
    after my 9th WM device, T-Mo sent me an 8800. it's been all downhill since then.
    07-28-09 08:11 AM
    Im using Sonnny w910 before i got my firts BB when im going vacation,
    Curve, Im interest to having the device because i like the feature inside..'
    i have been use my irts Curve for 2 Week,
    after 2 week, i got problem and my curve been suspended..'

and one week after trouble in my curve..'
    my father buying me a Bold 9000 for replaced the curve
    07-28-09 08:24 AM
    My first smartphone was a moto Q(worked fine) with windows mobile 5 OS on it.I accidently dropped my MotoQ in water while it was on and of course it Fried the board.I never got another that worked quite right managed to struggle with last Moto Q the insurance people sent me til upgrade became available to me. I searched user reviews and talk to others and decided on the BB curve 8330 this last June(2009).The person at verizon mentioned they had the "Storm" which I turned down staying with my choice I made before even geting to the store.Now lifes good again with my Curve 8330.
    07-28-09 08:38 AM
    My addiction began with the 7230 for Nextel with the churp. It was huge but I loved it. Best phone I ever had at the time. A female friend of mine got it for my b-day and I've been hooked ever since.
    07-28-09 08:43 AM
    My wife and I have had various flip phones on a Sprint family plan for years. Last summer we started exceeding our monthly minutes on a regular basis. $100, $200, $300 overages. T-Mobile has the add-on for unlimited UMA/Wi-Fi calls. That option was enough to get me thinking seriously about jumping to T-Mobile.

Last Fall I still had a few months to go on my Sprint contract, so I started trolling the T-Mobile offerings for UMA phones. Pearl, not a flip. Curve, calculator. Samsung T-409, yuck. Nokia 6301, yuck and not a flip. Then BlackBerry announced the 8220. It's a beautiful flip phone that has all the features I wanted.

I still had 2 months left on my contract when Black Friday arrived last Thanksgiving. Rebates offset one ETF, and our savings on UMA calling would offset the other ETF. I pulled the trigger and ordered through LetsTalk.

Now I can't imagine not having a BlackBerry. My wife uses UMA for her hours of calls, so no more Minute Nazi. I use all the smartphone features every day: laptop tethering, wap browsing, Outlook sync, push email, instant messaging, Garmin Mobile, 3rd party applications galore ...I'm preaching to the choir. You can have my BlackBerry back when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!
    07-28-09 08:47 AM
    for me,
    i used Nokia fons for long times, around 7 years!!! then i change to Sony Ericsson, after that Imate, then HTC and now BB BOLD and Iphone

Bold is good mobile and im using it since 8 months nw...
    i really like it, its my personal phone and i have other mobile as primary
    07-28-09 08:53 AM
    My current phone is my first BB.
    It was an NE2 upgrade.
    It seemed like a good choice at the time, and I've been happy with it.
    07-28-09 09:02 AM
    well first i had a job. so i got my money and went to the verizon wireless store. told them the phone i wanted and the plan i wanted and the set it all up and gave it to me.

i love my bb, can't wait for my new one!
    07-28-09 09:04 AM
    i had a stupid sidekick and was dying for a upgrade so i came to CB and read reviews found out the the 8900 was dropping soon waited and got it the day it came out havent looked back never will either.
    07-28-09 09:07 AM
    Had the Moto Q, mobile carrier ****ed me over on the data plan. I made a fuss about it and they let me sign a contract with an unlimited data plan, I just had to get a blackberry or the HTC Touch.

Hummed and hawed about it, didn't really want a touch screen so I got the curve.
    07-28-09 09:12 AM
    i had a little motorola phone then got the curve 8330 returned that within 30 days got the storm then returned that back to the curve then missed my storm returned the curve back to the storm then about 4 or 5 months down the line im rocking the tour it was a nice little adventure!!
    07-28-09 09:12 AM
    Standard issue at work - here's your office, laptop and blackberry.
    07-28-09 09:22 AM
    I had been using the tmobile sidekick line of phones since the sk2. I couldn't wait for the sklx09 so I jumped on the 8900. Its been a great run so far.

07-28-09 10:04 AM
    Doing what I do (Lotus Notes/Domino infrastructure consultant), I kept seeing more and more gigs that wanted BB support as well. The catch was that I couldn't afford my own BES, when RIM announced the BPS I figured that I could fill in the "Blackberry Support" check box on my resume by running one for myself. Of course this required me to gt a Blackberry.
    07-28-09 10:04 AM
    I had a Motorola SLVR which was a good phone, but couldn't take the wear and tear I put on it. I planned on getting a Samaung Blackjack II but changed my mind while at the counter and ended up with my 8310. So glad I changed my mind at the last minute... I LOVE my curve!
    07-28-09 10:14 AM
    My cousin Mike (who could sell ice to eskimos btw) kept going on & on about how amazing his Bold is...How he can't believe that I don't have a BB...blah blah blah...After 1 week of constant nagging (I think he was trying to increase his BBM count!) I gave in. Wouldn't admit it to him but it was the best decision I've made in regards to my wireless choice .
    07-28-09 10:31 AM
    Had a MotoQ and got tired of constantly rebooting it. (Go figure...Microdaft!)
    Anyway, went to Verizon and instantly fell in love with the sleek, sexy curve! Got it in girly pink!!!
    Never giving up my Curve...
    07-28-09 10:37 AM
    Had an iPhone for personal and a Palm Pre for work and realized that both the Operating Systems couldn't do very simlple things that my old dumb flip phones could. Played with a friends blackberry and realized how great and mature the OS was and now I will never go back.
    07-28-09 10:40 AM
    I just got sick of windows blowbile crapping out on me, no matter what phone I had- Moto Q, Palm, diamond and touch pro. Broke down and bought a BB and now am on the path to recovery from windows blowbile.
    07-28-09 10:40 AM
    I lost my old Envi. Sad, sad day. I think I might have left it on the back of my friends car. I walked up & down the road searching for hours. Went to verizon, saw the curve, stopped crying. This month is our first anniversary. I took her to lunch. Its also the anniversary of the client I met while searching for that dang phone. His first service paid for my curve. Hmmm, maybe I should have took him to lunch.

07-28-09 11:04 AM
    I had a Palm Treo and was debationg about purchasing the Pearl b/c everybody was on some form of BB. Well, I shoved out the $$$ for the Pearl n fell in love w/it...Definitely worth the $$. I am soooo looking forward to the Tour. Got an upgrade coming 8/1.
    07-28-09 12:15 PM
    I got my first Berry last December. Also my first smartphone ever. I needed something that was reliable with push email for work, and since all the leads here have a blackberry, I figured why not? I went with the Curve, and been loving it ever since!
    07-28-09 12:19 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD